“Beautiful hotel, fabulous setting, unfortunately I was struck down with food poisoning after visiting.”
Review of The Restaurant at Newick Park - CLOSED

The Restaurant at Newick Park
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Dining Room at Newick Park Hotel offers award winning customer service, an extensive wine list and 2AA rosette food. This friendly and welcoming hotel offers comfy sofas in their lounge and bar area while you enjoy the warmth of the open fires in winter or the stunning views of the parkland in the summer months
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a beautiful country hotel in a fabulous setting with a restaurant. The first time I visited I was very impressed the set menu is very reasonable and the food was very good. However, after my last visit I got seriously ill and had to go to my gp and was diagnosed with campylobacter food poisoning.

NewickParkHotel, General Manager at The Restaurant at Newick Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary comments about our hotel but we were shocked to read that apparently you had suffered from campylobacter poisoning after eating here. We have never knowingly had a case of food poisoning at the hotel and this is something we would take incredibly seriously.

If you would care to contact us then we will conduct a full investigation into the situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Andrew

Poole
“Rare find in the Sussex countryside”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on 22nd August and found it to be faultless.

The bedrooms overlook the South Downs at the front of the hotel and beautiful
terrace, croquet lawn and fields down to a river in the far distance at the back. There is also an
outside swimming pool and patio area to the side of the hotel.

The hotel has the most amazing chef and dinner was a culinary delight.

This is the perfect place to unwind and is not far from Glyndebourne and Sheffield Park & Garden.

We very much hope to return to this hotel in the autumn.

• Visited August 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“A very special treat”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have been to Newick Park for lunch a couple of times and for afternoon tea, it has always been a delightful experience. Beautiful location, lovely old house and delicious food. I have been with both my husband and my parents and consider it to be a real treat

• Visited March 2011
Sussex, UK
“Lunch special was tasty”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Special lunch menu was good and presented well. Service was attentive and efforts made to make dessert special as it was my birthday. Do check the bill though, as they added an extra bottle of wine on!

• Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Spring Menu - a fiasco”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

£38.50 fou a four course menu with canapes and games beforehand.... turned out to be an embarrassing event for six of us. We had to pour our own wine, cutlery missing, desultory food in mean portions (thin asparagus SLICED in half..), canapes - well, does an unfrozen prawn tail actually count? The second course was a small piece of marinaded mackerel (eminently forgettable). The worst bit was being sent a Jacques miniature game through the post as a thank-you. I would have preferred an included coffee and chocolate. Friends who went the next night to a barbecue wedding had no complaints. The location is superb and the venue is impressive but The Pelham Hotel in Lewes wins hands down at half the price.

• Visited May 2011