“Great Place for Lunch”

Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Loughton
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to Loch Fyne in Loughton many times, both for lunch and evening meals. The food, service and ambience is always good.

They have a great value, two course menu, for under a tenner - really good value, although we chose from the main menu on our most recent visit. The fish and chips is great and this is a smashing place for lunch on a rainy day. The service from the host and the waiter was first class, attentive without being instrusive.

I chose the Speckled Hen (bottled real ale) to go with the battered fish - lovely!

A bit quiet during lunch time, but usually liverlier in the evenings.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I got the main and most expensive course such as lobster, prawns, mussels, oyster which was just OK. None was bad none was excellent. I got a delicious and high quality raw Tuna Fish serves with tempura sauce though! Limited wine list as it would be the case for such a dinner. Staff good educated but not the most professional experienced in UK. Final bill - bit expensive for the experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I visited Loche Fyne for lunch on my birthday in April this year, the seafood tasted fresh and toilets were clean. We were only in for lunch so didn't need a lot of looking after service wise but when we did need service it was fine.

1  Thank gj06
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Always good service and lovely food. Tables nicely spaced out and always clean and presentable staff.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Three of us visited this restaurant last Saturday at lunch time. It wasn't too busy so we could choose where we wanted to sit.

There was lovely fresh bread to start with olives then we had two starters - crab ravioli and prawn & mango cocktail, both very nice. For mains we had the hake fillet and the bream fillet, both grilled with a nice selection of sides. Very pleasant I have to say.

The only bugbear, and it has already been noted, is the length of time between courses - I'm not overly fussed about these things but even I found it a bit long. Very friendly staff though so as long as you're not in a rush it's not a problem We will certainly be back.

3  Thank johngill