“Fantastic Food”

Loughton Golf Club Pan-Asian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Loughton
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wonderful Pan Asian cuisine open to the public, in a beautiful setting on the edge of Epping forest. West End quality at affordable prices. We will return again & again.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited just after New Year and were a bit sceptical. What an amazing surprise. The Nepalese food is the best we've had.
Fresh ingredients, no generic sauce and all beautifully presented.
The waiting staff and owner(?) were so nice and nothing was too much trouble. The free drink from the bar at the end was a lovely touch.

1  Thank reneeScotland

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food was by far the best asian we've ever had! Even my husband loved it and he has never really liked asian cuisine before.
I will go there again and again and again, Im hooked!

1  Thank Cristinandflorin
Reviewed January 13, 2013

When my friends who live in Loughton told me we were going to the Loughton Golf Club for dinner I asked if I needed to dress up - they said no, jeans were fine. When we drove there we went through winding country lanes and arrived at what can only be described as a slightly shabby pre fab building - it was completely dark so I may be being a bit overly harsh!. My expectations were fairly low. However once inside what a treat was in store. the staff were really friendly, there was a lively buzzy atmosphere, the service was good, and the food was delicious. I was definitely not expecting a pan-Asian restaurant at the Loughton Golf Club. However I would thoroughly recommend it.

They had a good selection of food to suit most tastes, Indian, Thai and international. I went for the Indian option of chicken tikka entree followed by baked cod loin , Both were tasty and perfectly cooked and I finished with a lovely mango kulfi.. My friends go there all the time and I will go back.

My only criticism would be the wine list - too many chardonnays and sauvignon blanc - not really what you want if you are eating indian food. I would prefer a guerwz or reisling style. We ended up with prosecco bizarrely. Which was nice and light and fruity.

1  Thank FoodloverLondon
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Friends took us here, as they love it. Was surprised at I guess the simple lay out of the restaurant, forgetting on a Saturday night it's a golf club. However great service, and really delicious tasty food. The sea bass was amazing. I would go back again

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Don't be put off by the 'unusual venue', a great atmosphere on a Saturday night, the service is friendly and efficient, the owner very attentive, unusually orders for mains are taken after eating the starters, and takes some time to arrive, but good food is worth waiting for....
The prawn shaslick was crayfish, but still tasty, the bhindi bhagee delicious and really good to have rice that is not overly fried and greasy, also many fresh herbs and spices used.
Decent sized portions, just one person declared the chicken korma as 'bland', the menu is very varied and some unexpected dishes very welcome.
A good night in good company, I can thoroughly recommend this friendly Restaurant and look forward to returning.