“Warm and Friendly with great food”

The Victoria Tavern
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Loughton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 165 Smart's Lane Town Centre, Loughton IG10 4BP 020 8508 1779
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a very well run pub, the best in Loughton for a relaxed calm night out.
They don’t play music and they allow dogs on leads, early evening you may step over a very relaxed dog rug or two.
The service is always excellent and the staff are well trained .
The food is mainly served at the side of the pub on a higher level, clean and comfy with a nice setting, dark wood tables.
You order from the bar, take the number of the table that you will be sitting at (if its free) pay, then when your food is ready they bring it to you .
You can eat outside in the lovely garden if the weathers good.

The fish a chips are always excellent, curry's are yummy and the prawn salads are HUGE.
The prices are reasonable, don’t forget to tip your waitress, they do work hard.

My family have been going to this pub for over 30 years and we would recommend this pub to every one.

3  Thank Diana002

Reviewed August 31, 2012

And set in a pleasant garden with masses of flowers all around. Traditional pub with pictures of Edwardian Loughton all around the walls. Short menu, mid-to highish price range, excellent ales, though not cheap. Food in very large portions: you will not go hungry - well cooked (my steak and ale pie the meatiest and best cooked I've had) and friendly service. A short walk across the Stubbles to Strawberry Hill Pond, one of the best locations in Epping Forest. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Loughtonian1
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Firstly do not listen to the review below, the food is most definitely home made and always tastes so fresh, especially the fish. They're are now some new home made desserts on the menu which I tried on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed them. Service is excellent and the girls behind the bar are very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. It is a beautiful pub with a lovely garden. We will definitely be going back on many more occasions with friends and family.

2  Thank Amciz165
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been coming to the Victoria Tavern for many years now and must say its an absolute delight. I love the fact that there are no tvs and music like some of the other pubs round here. Really relaxed atmosphere - my husband oftens visits on a sunday to read the paper whilst I walk my dog. The food is delicious, always very tastey, and always comes up piping hot. The specials board always has a wide variety aswell. Compliments to the chef!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I regularly come in the victoria tavern for a drink, and never really had time to stop and eat, my mistake! Food is amazing! I had the thai chicken curry and my husband had the lamb shank! Best food we've had for a long time and not to pricey! Atmospher in the pub is so homely and inviting, and I will definatly be recommending this as not just a lovely pub, but a fantastic restaurant! Amazing.