“An enjoyable evening out”
Review of Chongs - CLOSED

Chongs
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the most popular restaurants in the town.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We popped into Chongs, Chingford, after meeting family one Saturday - though we hadn't booked, they found us a nice table.

The food and service was good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Chongs has gone downhill massively. I was disappointed with the service and with the food!!
The food was over cooked and over priced.
I was surprised that the drinks were so expensive and all we had was to colas.
They had automatically added a service charge on top of our bill. I can understand if we was a party of 10 or more but for two people I thought this was a bit of a joke!
I will not be eating in or out from here again!

1  Thank Daisy B
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We eat out as a family regularly and are sticklers for service and good quality food and rarely find a place that does both well.
We pre booked and visited on Saturday evening when it was really busy and with three children aged 3 - 13. Although it is an all you can eat menu it is ordered and cooked freshly for you and bought to your table in courses which is nicer than a buffet. The service was exceptional, the staff were very cordinated and quick, the food was of a high standard which is rare for an all you can eat restraunt!
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the restraunt was child friendly. Despite being very busy we didnt feel rushed and there was a nice relaxed atmosohere. My only critism is that they don't have high chairs.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I never had concerns over the staff at Chongs until this year. Dining there and ordering takeaways over the past 12 years, this year has been subject to numerous wrong deliveries which as we all know simply ruins the experience. It is then further compounded by arrogent managers who simply do not grasp the concept that the customer is always right - especially when they are!

1  Thank Darren D
Reviewed October 3, 2012

was very very disappointed by chongs i went there last night with my mother and ordered the mixed platter which was fine we then went on to have the crab and sweetcorn soup which smelt very unappetising and didnt taste any better either then the duck which i thought was absoloutly revolting and so did my mum we did order other things but after the soup and duck i was put off so didnt eat any of we have been there before and was lovely this time not good at all and when i informed the management i wasnt happy with the food he became aloof smarmy and very cocky very uninterested in what i had to say and kept walking away mid sentence wont be going again and wouldnt recommend to a friend at all!!!!

2  Thank Charlotte S