“Excellent”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Loughton
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our menu draws it's influence from the Mediterranean (Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain...) using Fresh quality ingredients sourced locally wherever possible.Whether you are wanting a quick simple lunch, meeting with business colleagues or planning a special night out with friends and family, The Olive Tree is the perfect choice.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I had a nice day at this restaurant on Saturday. Great food in a great setting. Good value for money.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This large restaurant offers really good friendly service, together with really good food at reasonable prices.
My only criticism is that the noise levels can be a little oppressive at times, but that may be an age thing!
The Kleftiko was really tasty with Vine tomatoes boiled potatoes and beans. 12 persons and all finished their meals, so thats a good testament! Nothing was too much trouble,so well done waiters!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After our original dinner plans got cancelled we were looking for somewhere to grab dinner. Being a saturday night and we had not booked anywhere, we were turned away from another venue. However Olive Tree made us feel very welcome and sorted us out a table. The menu was varied and the food was served quickly and was delicious. For two people the bill was around £35 which i thought was very reasonable considering the quality of the meal. The restaurant was busy with a lively atmosphere and the manager was very nice to squeeze us in at short notice. Fantastic meal, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited with my fiancee for her birthday. I can't remember exactly what we had but the food was very good, with some of the dishes excellent. The presentation of the courses was exceptional.

Price-wise I found it on the dear side, although I think if the standard set by some of the dishes was matched throughout then it would fully justify the outlay. This is close to being an excellent restaurant and I hope to see it develop into one by the time I next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a lovely time here, good choice of starters and dips and nice greekstyle pasta and risottos. The souvlaki was nicely done,and we went on a night where there was live music.
I guess thats why the prices seemed steep for an Essex restaurant, but i guess its in an area that has wealthy clientele.Good luck to them. Not a place to go every week, but definitely good for special occasions. We spent nearly £60 per head with wines and desserts, and though not given any special attention its worth noting that in the current climate, one can dine at a London restaurant for these prices.