“Good Local restaurant but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Loughton
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menu draws it's influence from the Mediterranean (Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain...) using Fresh quality ingredients sourced locally wherever possible.Whether you are wanting a quick simple lunch, meeting with business colleagues or planning a special night out with friends and family, The Olive Tree is the perfect choice.
Essex
“Good Local restaurant but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to the restaurant to celebrate my friend's Birthday.
The starters were good and the service as well but everything changed when we did complained of the main courses. Neither of us did like it. They did changed at least the Birthday girl dinner -she's been told WELCOME TO ENGLAND as she said that just relocate from South Africa and comparing the food and service here and there. I left half of mine untouched what never ever have happened until now. I had lamb shish which was soo chewy that I did struggle to cut it, tried my husband chicken which was too dry. The kleftiko was tasteless as well.
We've chosen Greek restaurant as the food there is always nice but not in this one.
From This moment we were completely ignored.
They may say that we were drunk but I was the driver so wasn't drinking - and yes the others was trying the wine list.
Was surprised when I heard the waiter rejecting to give a brandy to a lady next to us as she had enough. She did not look drunk at all and all of her friends had nearly full bottle of wine - is it his problem how much she can drink?

Obviously most of the people around probably like it as it was full but there is still what to ask for.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Slavcheva
Africauk, Owner at The Olive Tree, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear dinner,

Thank you for your feedback, I am surprised at your comments about the food as the dishes you mentioned are the most popular on our menu and everybody comments on the flavor and quality of them, perhaps they just where not to your taste, however I will look into it. I am glad you did enjoy your starters though.

Regarding the service as you mentioned it started very well and the staff where jovial and attentive towards you. I was at the restaurant too that evening and note that you arrived at 6:30 and didn't leave till gone 12. I can assure you all the staff enjoy interacting with the customers and feed off the customers response towards them. Some people like to be left alone with minimum interaction and some people like to be chatty and be more engaged however it is always done in a professional manner.

Regarding the refusal to serve more alcohol to the table next to you, I would just like to point out that as a licencee we are within our rights to refuse to serve drink to someone we deem has had enough for there own safety and for the quality of the environment we provide, there comes a time where enough is enough any way I do not think this is relevant to your visit.

Once again thank you for you feedback.

Essex uk
“Nice setting good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Greek with a twist. Lovely little cafe/bistro. Great service, nice food. Value for money. Would return and take the whole family. Ate at lunch so do not know what evening menu is like.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect choice for any occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Whether dining with friends, partner or our family, The olive tree is always our first choice.
We've been going to The olive tree since it opened and have never been let down. The food quality and presentation, the ambiance and the sevice is always first class.

• Visited September 2012
Basildon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Quality Food!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been dining in The OLIVE tree for 4 years and everytime it gets better. The food is simply amazing... The atmosphere and the service are wonderful!!! The staff are smart,goodlooking,professional and nothing ever! is to much of and effort for them. They always greet us with a smile and make us feel very comfortable, which I think is so important...
The menu has so much to over and every dish has something unique about it..

I love this place I would recommend it to anyone. I feel like I am on holiday every time I walk in.
5 STAR all the way!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank sarah p
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“More Than Just Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I came with a friend this week to The Olive Tree and was greeted by friendly and attentive staff. We were welcomed in and enjoyed live music and cocktails while we waited for our food in a beautifully decorated restaurant. Our glasses were refilled before we knew they were empty and we didn't need to worry about anything. Our food came quicker than we'd expected and it was nothing short of exquisite. I had the seafood risotto and was delighted by it. Its something I commonly order from other restaurants and am usually slightly disappointed, but at The Olive Tree it was packed with flavour and ACTUAL SEAFOOD. My friend had the chicken souvlaki and practically licked his plate it was so delicious. A thoroughly enjoyable night and we will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2012