“Warm, welcoming service and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zizzi - Loughton

Zizzi - Loughton
Ranked #26 of 63 Restaurants in Loughton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Loughton is at the end of a busy high street, and set in an old pub where you can watch the chefs cooking your meals and tossing pizzas before putting them in the authentic wood oven. Hidden at the back is a secret al fresco dining area which is a real sun-trap in the summer and makes a great place to enjoy some beer, wine and fresh simple Italian food. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Tring, United Kingdom
“Warm, welcoming service and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Zizzi is standardised as giving diners a comfortable and enjoyable visit with great food and good selection of wine. Pasta, pizza, salad, all nicely selected for you to choose from. Decor is nice with a huge stone pizza oven on display to the restaurant. Definitely go inside sometime, it's better than the others :)

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food/ wine / child friendly ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place with my husband three times recently .. The pizza and wine is so amazing.There are crayons for children and the decor is beautiful .. The seafood starter is also excellent . On both ocassions it has been nearly empty though.

1 Thank nanachi
essex
“Very pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Served the 2 yr old almost instantly as we asked and the four dishes we had were all very good. Fish stew, prawn pasta,and two pizzas. It is true chilli features heavily in some dishes but we like that.
The horse statue is fantastic.
Our wine was nice and cold
The waitress was very busy but very efficient and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank holidaylover00
Essex
“Spicy Calzone”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I popped into Zizzi with my wife for a spot of lunch. We were met promptly by a very polite waiter who took us to a table. I hate the little tables for two and he had no problem seating us at a larger table even though the restaurant was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday.

Throughout the meal, the table service was very good.

I ordered a Calzone and when I started to eat it, I began to wonder if I had inadvertently upset the chef at some time in the past. The strength of chilly was so overpowering that the meal was inedible, and I am no stranger to spicy meals. I cut the calzone open and found many large chunks of green chilly complete with seeds.Having removed these the meal actually wasn't too bad. I mentioned this to a member of staff and was told that this is the way they do this meal. My wife had a risotto which was what a little bit bland and lacking in sauce. I have spent a bit of time in Italy and have never experienced Italian food any where near as spicy as my Calzone at Zizzi.

The table service

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank OhmyGod12
“Avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were hoping for a relaxing Sunday afternoon lunch,but were served by a dirty looking kitchen porter- like man asking 'what do you want' with an attitude that made us laugh!!
The food came, & honestly, the 'chicken'(I don't think it was!!) tasted like a mixture of rusk & cardboard- definately not a 'freshly cooked chicken fillet' as described. My girlfriend ordered a ravioli that was as dry as a boot, and tasted like the chef had got the sugar content mixed up, far too sweet. Like a dessert more than a main!

• Visited September 2013