“just too awful”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My first and last visit to this awful restaurant, over priced for the meagre amount of food, pasta swimming in water not sauce, way over spiced risotto with 1 cube of chicken in it I could go on, 6 of us ate there ( well actually most of it was uneaten as it was simply too bad) for a whopping £190
I've had better food and service in a MacDonald!

1  Thank hodbod

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am not really going to say much as I was so cross with the food we ordered and the price of the overall bill, well what more can I say. I have eaten in many Italian restaurants in the UK and in Italy who have a tomato sauce for their pasta and pizza etc which is divine and the basics for any good Italian chef. But I have to question a restaurant who cannot even do this right. I ordered a simple pasta in a Pomodoro sauce, instead I was given a plate of food which tasted of salt and I could only suggest came out of a jar, horrible and made me feel very unwell later in the evening. My son had a pizza which we presume was covered in the same sauce, he ate as he was hungry, but also did not rate the taste of the sauce, which is a shame as the pizza base was delicious. Please, please, please, get rid of that awful, disgusting tomato sauce you use! Prices for drinks are also steep, wish we went next door to Pizza express.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

4 of us went for a meal on NYE that we had only booked the day before and we had a really good night, food was lovely polite staff and really good value for money!
Would go again anytime..

1  Thank Paigehigggins
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wildwood doesnt deserve such harsh criticism - although we all must speak as we find! I really like this place and have shared many meals and family occasions within its rather stylish and understated walls! The decor is low key but clean and fresh - the menu is fine although not extensive but I find this a blessing if you have a large party choosing their meal - the puds are ever so scrumptious before I forget to mention them, especially the Eton Mess which is served in a tall glass and is very filling,
The staff are always charming and friendly and I found them efficient - the food is served with a smile everytime. I always have the same salad but my friends have tried most of the items on offer - the calzoni apologies for spelling is huge and tasty and the pizzas good size and well topped out. Its a nice place guys - casual but comfortable and reliable - give it a try and see for yourselves
xBevvyboo x

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went for lunch on 1st December 2012. Restaurant was not busy. We ordered 2 childrens meals and you pay an extra 80p for a drink. HOWEVER you can not have a fresh juice only fizzy drinks and squash which my kids do not drink!! Therefore we were charged £2.30 for an apple juice! For their dessert they could have ice cream or a bright processed jelly covered in sweets. The table next to us explained that teir child was hyperactive with additives etc and asked if he could have fruit to which the extremely rude waitress (may have been manager) jut said no outright!!! I thought healthy eating for kids was being promoted!!
The lasagna came out swimming in liquid and tasted disgusting (blatantly pre frozen) when we complained she said it does not normally look like that (so why serve it!! ) the replacement was bland and not good!! As we had complained the waitress then ignored us for rest of meal and was so rude and blatently slagging us off to the other waitresses!!

Absolutely awfull do not visit!! Think KFC down the road would probably be better!!!

1  Thank Nicolas666