“not a bad place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Toronto
“not a bad place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited here with my wife while visiting my family in Loughton.

Was not expecting too much and was surprised with the quality of the food. I had the panzarotti and was not disappointed, was tasty and I was not hungry after.

The service was fine and all our needs were met.

• Visited September 2012

somerset
“A great eatery in a nice little town outside London in Essex”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had a great evening meal here with my three children and husband whilst staying close by and visiting the Paralympics. It looked nice from the outside and was lovely inside too. Relaxed atmosphere, really lovely staff, young and friendly but knew what they were doing! Food was lovely had a great choice of interesing home made pizzas and pastas, steaks, hamburgers, an eclectic mix of Italian and American dining. Not over priced. I had a delicious wild boar and chorizo hamburger, my kids had a great pizza, spag bol which was really yummy and a very nice looking regular hamburger. Loughton itself is a great little town with some typical Essex shops!!

• Visited August 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Room for improvement but pretty good”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

1st time I went there it was Chez Brasserie, french restaurant ...and it was quieter and the layout was different. I have been to Wildwood twice now...1st time it was fairly noisy but ok, my meals I chose were quite rich and the sauces did not agree with me. I tried it for a 2nd time on my birthday and had a great meal..I chose well this time and avoided the rich sauces... I had 2 decent courses and a decent Irish coffee after, they were very obliging to get that right even though not advertised..was good too. Service was good and very friendly waitress. Wine was good. My only fault initally was being placed in the middle of the room, but that soon wasn't an issue. The main issue when we arrived was the noise, it was so so noisy, and when people got up to leave it was like an extremely loud classroom, with chairs streeching across the floor creating noise along with the chatter. I think the first layout of the original restaurant was good, as they had individual areas with seat blocks around you, so that reduced noise and gave privacy too. I dislike tables being too near and being on top of each other. Once many of the group left which were a large group of young adults/children...it seemed to quieten down, into a nicer evening atmosphere. Room for some improvement sure, and hopefully they will take on board certain things. 2nd time around I loved the food I chose and was more than happy with the evening there.

• Visited July 2012
london
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went with friends and having read reviews I was not expecting much, but found food to be good and service fine at a very reasonable price, went back a few weeks later and was just as pleased .its not the ritz but definetly one of the better places to eat in loughton which sadly lacks a really good restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, and great food to go with it!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been to Wildwood in Loughton many times with my family, and we always enjoy it. The food is brilliantly cooked and the whole experience feels authentically Italian. The restaurant is layed out well, with shelves of Italian foods lining the walls. All of the waiters and waitresses are well mannered, and polite, while also being good funa nd very efficient. A great place to chill out and have a great pizza, bowl of pasta, salad or whatever else you fancy!

• Visited July 2012