“Good Food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Good value for money. Friendly staff.
Nothing to dislike.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Maybe not the best Italian around, but thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. Great choice on the menu, and reasonably priced.

Service was excellent; very polite, friendly and helpful chap.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Avoid eating here, food was burnt and manager was extremely rude, it was obvious to everybody that customers are an inconvienece to her, was so bad customers on surrounding tables were complaining to each other!! I'd advise all against eating here, really not worth paying £13 for an inedible chicken breast and 5 chips! Completley discusting!

2  Thank lauren_lee4
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My friends and I went to Wildwoods last night for a catch up. We had an offer (buy one meal get one free) so it wasnt too expensive. The food was average, I went for the duck pizza, it wasn't fantastic to be honest, just like an average pizza, I have had pasta before and that was nice, the garlic bread was very crispy so wasnt enjoyable to eat. However the cheesecake here is the best!

The service wasnt great, the lady serving us seemed uninterested which came across as rude, the resturant wasnt busy at all, as it was a Monday night, but it was still had to get their attention for drinks.

I wouldnt pick to come here any time again soon, as the food is average, and the service isnt great, but if you are looking for a cheap meal it isnt too bad.

1  Thank Bobbie2606
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Now I realise there was a very good reason that we managed to get a last minute Mother's Day reservation!

I ordered the special - coq au vin - not only was it the most insubstantial meal consisting of 2 chicken drumsticks and a few slices of carrots in coloured water (had to ask for the garlic bread), but it was presented in a cast iron saucepan. The waiter said it's hot, however when I accidentally caught 3 fingers on it it blistered my fingers (molten would have been a better warning). I then spent the rest of the meal running back and forth to the loo to run it under the cold tap. After 1.5hrs the manager offered me a bowl of ice to put my fingers in and said that unfortunately that's how head office have told them to present the dish and I'm not the first that has happened to! As for the rest of my parties meal, two had pizzas that were like burnt cardboard with measly toppings. Ruined our Mother's Day meal. Would definitely not go back!

3  Thank lisa r