From the moment you turn off the Main Road from Ocho Rios your adventure begins. Driving through lush tropical land and meeting friendly local people you slowly head up towards the Tamarind Great House. The welcome is equally friendly, stepping into the main hall you are immediately struck by two things at once; the beautiful stair-case and the beautiful view from the terrance. The rooms are fantastic, all en-suite and all with great views. The food is also fantastic, cooked fresh and beautifully presented (I'm sure we always came away weighing a few pounds more on each visit). Having lived in Kingston for nearly 6 years the Tamarind Great House was our "chill out" hole on a regular basis, including Christmas; and not too far to travel. We classed it as our second home in Jamaica as the owners made us feel so welcome, I wish I was there now. A must to visit and stay, I'm sure you'll return for a 2nd visit and more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests at Tamarind a unique environmentally-friendly setting providing luxury accommodation at very affordable prices. Secluded waterfalls, plantation tours, James Bond Beach and Noel Coward's Firefly are only a few of the nearby attractions. Ocho Rios is a 30 minute drive, with its varied activities, such as botanical gardens, the famous Dunn's River Falls, Dolphin Cove as well as Mystic Mountain tree top tours. Of course there are lots of restaurants and duty free shopping, as well as a large local craft market. Tamarind Great House is built on the site of an original planters estate, first built in the 18th century. The house has solid wooden floors from locally sourced trees throughout the downstairs, with antiques and locally made furniture to enhance the feel of colonial Jamaica. Our guests enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Tamarind, with its spacious bedrooms and large balconies. Our 13 acre farm produces fresh organic fruits and vegetables used in our kitchen. The road to Tamarind is a Jamaican country road, and the scenery to the house shows you every side of the real Jamaica. We are an owner run guest house, therefore catering personally to your requests. Away from the main road, a relaxed and safe setting, surrounded by verdant hills, tropical flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Tamarind Great House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Great House Hotel Oracabessa
- Tamarind Great House Jamaica/Oracabessa