we spent 2 nights at the tamarind great house and it was a great experience.
although the way up the hill was a little adventureous we made it finally up there and didnt regret it. it was a rainy and stormy night and we just had a normal car... we have to admit we were a bit scared. the roads condition was... well... not the best... but after an hour drive in the dark we finally made it. and the heartfull and warm welcome made us forget our stressfull journey. it s beautiful and quite... really a little gem in the jungle.
very good service, beautiful house, really a good place to relax. just to let you know: it s a little away from the beach and the sea... it is in the mountains in the jungle... but it s perfect if you wanna relax from the loud and crowded ocho rios or another crowded city or attraction.
kurz auf deutsch:
war echt eine tolle erfahrung, die wir jederzeit wieder machen würden!
kann das tamarind great house nur empfehlen... ist aber nichts für jemanden der den trubel einer großstadt und/oder nachtleben sucht.
es ist ein schönes renoviertes herrenhaus, geführt von einem englischen paar, das einen sehr herzlich und persönlich aufnimmt und auf wunsch auch ein leckeres abendessen bereitet. das frühstück war auch klasse!
es ist nicht sehr günstig aber auf jeden fall war es die erfahrung wert.
vielen dank für dieses tolle erlebnis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests at Tamarind a unique environmentally-friendly setting providing luxury accommodation at very affordable prices. Secluded waterfalls, plantation tours, James Bond Beach and Noel Coward's Firefly are only a few of the nearby attractions. Ocho Rios is a 30 minute drive, with its varied activities, such as botanical gardens, the famous Dunn's River Falls, Dolphin Cove as well as Mystic Mountain tree top tours. Of course there are lots of restaurants and duty free shopping, as well as a large local craft market. Tamarind Great House is built on the site of an original planters estate, first built in the 18th century. The house has solid wooden floors from locally sourced trees throughout the downstairs, with antiques and locally made furniture to enhance the feel of colonial Jamaica. Our guests enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Tamarind, with its spacious bedrooms and large balconies. Our 13 acre farm produces fresh organic fruits and vegetables used in our kitchen. The road to Tamarind is a Jamaican country road, and the scenery to the house shows you every side of the real Jamaica. We are an owner run guest house, therefore catering personally to your requests. Away from the main road, a relaxed and safe setting, surrounded by verdant hills, tropical flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Tamarind Great House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Great House Hotel Oracabessa
- Tamarind Great House Jamaica/Oracabessa