When we first arrived, I was very excited as the reception area was well designed and felt authentically caribbean with the white wall walls and the dark wood accents with wonderful old photographs, etc. and the dining room was quite nice as well. I was disappointed though as I walked out and most of the property lacked a feeling of authenticity and beauty. There is a rock island smack in front of the beach which is covered in concrete and is surrounded by white stone walls and in my opinion there is too much concrete surrounding all the pools, and the bar/lunch area. I prefer beaches with more of a natural beauty. However, there was a beautiful natural lagoon behind the beach with nice cabins and decks right on the water. These rooms are quiet and peaceful. They provide guests with paddle boards and kayaks which is great. Adults should accompany children though.
I think the Goldeneye is best geared for young families as it is very manageable. It would be nice if they had more activities for older children. Even the addition of a ping pong or pool table would be nice. Also, for the price, I feel it lacked some important details such as a live band and a work out room.
The staff was wonderful…very helpful and friendly and the food was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa