GoldenEye
Tamarind Great House(Oracabessa)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Pool
$165
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Pool
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$405
$339
Sandals Royal Plantation(Ocho Rios)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjames bondgolden eyebizot barchris blackwelloutdoor showerlagoon cottagepaddle boardingour honeymoonwelcome cocktailfleming villacallaloowater sportsfresh coconutlong weekendspa treatmentsbeach hutmosquito net
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Ok, I seem to be the only one that is not waxing lyrical about this place. Don't get me wrong, it is lovely, shabby chic, but for me it just seemed a little soulless.

There isn't much in Oracabessa so if you want restaurants and a reintroduction to the world, Ocho Rios is about 35-40 minutes away but it is where the cruise ships come in, so nothing else needs to be said.

The resort is small and understated, an expansion programme is in place and it looks as if it will double in size.

We had a lagoon villa, charming, big covered deck, big bathroom, downside nowhere to sit if you want to watch TV. The room was kept spotlessly clean. All very peaceful and relaxing, jump into the kayaks supplied and paddle around and that's as probably as exciting as it gets. The sea was too rough to swim in, beach is small, there are fishing trips when the sea allows, and I did notice a tennis court on the way out one day.

My husband said the spa treatments were really good, but they were really expensive. The spa is temporary and will be made bigger in Phase 2 of the development.

My main grumble relates to the food ... as a vegetarian, I found the food pretty grim. Callaloo, described as spinach but actually looks and tastes like spring greens/cabbage and the Akee is a bit like scrambed egg, these two ingredients should not be put in a pasta dish with some ghastly cream, Rasta Pasta should be called Nasty Pasta. I basically ate rice and bread. I ought to say that my husband found the food, in particular 'the specials' excellent.

There are only two restaurants and only open in the evening, so it got a bit boring.

Breakfasts weren't that great either, pancakes were about an inch thick and had a weird taste, waffles were tough, pastries I think were bought in, probably frozen, because they always arrived piping hot, even the pain au chocolate. Don't get me started on the coffee which I assumed was Blue Mountain, it was gritty and bitter, arrived in caffetieres and obviously the beans hadn't been ground correctly. Cappuccino not available ...

The staff, with the exception of one or two, were lovely and helpful. This is a place where time stands still, if you want to chill, destress then this is the place, four days were enough for me.

Wi Fi FREE ..................

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank shoegirlat44
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I did 4 nights at GoldenEye in October (low season). Having stayed at all the other Island Outpost resorts in Jam, I was expecting something equally special. GoldenEye was that and then some ! Gorgeous property, fabulous local food, awesome spa, well-appointed room (ranging eg from copies of all Fleming's Bond books to huge flatscreen TV & wifi). .Particularly loved the outdoor shower & the view from my fave oversized couch above Bizot. Anyone who has not chilled out here is seriously missing out ! A real, glowing gem.

Room Tip: Think Lagoon 10 is best cabin on lagoon side ! Lovely big deck, a dozen kayak paddle strokes across from from the spa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Islandgirl1501
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Ive been to many many exotic places around the world, i have never experienced anything like Golden Eye resort. the property is magical, the beach front villa that my wife and i stayed in was over the top, luxurious, outdoor shower, high speed internet, full kitchen , and on and on. We talk about our trip daily, and cannot wait to go back.
and the water - holy cow, as clear as clear can be, warm like a bath!
Anyone looking for a relaxing first class experience MUST try this place.

WOW!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M J
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I consider myself a well-travelled New Yorker and I have to say that the experience at GoldenEye was above and beyond amazing. This property could not be more gorgeous, relaxing and authentic - and the level of service is seriously unparalleled. The prices are a tad high but COMPLETELY worth it. This is everything a vacation should be. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Lagoon cottages are more peaceful; beach cottages have more energy to them.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Julie B
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I recently got married and chose Goldeneye for our honeymoon.
We stayed there for 5 nights in the beginning of august and it was just the most amazing time.
Beyond any expectations.
We stayed in the lagoon suite which is the best for a honeymoon couple. Complete privacy. The house was surrounded by trees and had a pretty little garden with a hammock, and steps that go to the lagoon right from our porch. I loved that we were completely surrounded by nature. The house felt so cozy and comfortable I wanted to stay there forever.The two stories house was more than plenty of room for the two of us. Simple but beautiful deco.
Service was exceptional with such a friendly staff.
I loved it and will be back God willing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple