This was my fourth time at Goldeneye and my second this year. There is nowhere I would rather swim. The lagoon is fed by salt water, and certainly the best swimming pool I have ever been in. It also fun to kayak on it, and each lagoon suite has its own kayak. The food is spectacular. I recommend the plantain porridge or Pantrypant breakfast in the morning, the jerk chicken or spaghetti bolognese at lunch and the catch of the day at dinner. Also ice cream for desert drowning in Blackwell's rum. Goldeneye deliberately does not have a gym, since there are so many natural ways to exercise there, but the spa offers every treatment you could possibly want. Goldeneye is informal, comfortable (even in June we did not need the AC except for one night), original and a perfect place to recharge one's batteries. It's fun to plant a tree there and the proceeds go to the local Oracabessa Foundation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye was Ian Fleming's Jamaica retreat and where he wrote all 14 of the James Bond novels. Today, accommodations at the original resort include: The Ian Fleming Villa, 11 one and two-bedroom Beach and Lagoon Villas, six Lagoon Cottages, and one Ocean Front Villa. Located on a stunning 52-acre site, GoldenEye is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests, and a seawater lagoon. The property is also home to the FieldSpa and two restaurants - Bizot Bar (a beach bistro) and The Gazebo (finer dining). GoldenEye is located 20 minutes east of Ocho Rios. It is a 90-minute drive from Montego Bay Airport and an 8-minute drive from Ian Fleming International Airport (private aviation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Goldeneye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Jamaica/Oracabessa