This was my fourth time at Goldeneye and my second this year. There is nowhere I would rather swim. The lagoon is fed by salt water, and certainly the best swimming pool I have ever been in. It also fun to kayak on it, and each lagoon suite has its own kayak. The food is spectacular. I recommend the plantain porridge or Pantrypant breakfast in the morning, the jerk chicken or spaghetti bolognese at lunch and the catch of the day at dinner. Also ice cream for desert drowning in Blackwell's rum. Goldeneye deliberately does not have a gym, since there are so many natural ways to exercise there, but the spa offers every treatment you could possibly want. Goldeneye is informal, comfortable (even in June we did not need the AC except for one night), original and a perfect place to recharge one's batteries. It's fun to plant a tree there and the proceeds go to the local Oracabessa Foundation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa