I wanted to love Goldeneye but unfortunately it missed the mark for me. I had read the comments on trip advisor prior to arrival so I had realistic expectations. But for $1,000 per night there were too many issues, even though the lagoon suites are lovely and the employees are very friendly and accommodating. Negatives for me: Upon arrival we were basically given a hard sell by the realtor who spent fifteen minutes promoting the purchase of units at the resort, ocean is all rocks so almost impossible to enter safely, asked for an umbrella at beach and after 30 minute wait was told they would have to prepare one which would take another 30 minutes so I just moved to the other end of the beach, very expensive car service if eating off property, asked office for change of $20 for tipping and after 2 days still no change available, make-up mirrors are for very tall people- I'm 5'7 and too high for me. The food was good, but nothing special. Not much to do- loved the kayaks and swimming in the lagoon. If you want to be left alone then a good spot as guests do not socialize. Also no one at the bar whenever we stopped by so you get plenty of alone time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa