Its hard to dispute the bigpain review below. This was one of four resorts we visited on this trip. We had a very nice time but this was a big spurge for us and our expectations were high.
1. Nice people on staff. They knew our names too.
2. Breakfast and Dinner were exceptional. The curry chicken was great but other lunch options were just okay. You can order as many breakfast items as you want and it was all included !
3. Too many rocks in the water at the beach. hard to find a spot to swim. We got snorkeling gear but there was nothing to see while snorkeling.
4. Definitely a romantic spot but, we were a bit bored. We walked the entire property in 15 mins. The cable TV and internet were excellent but we normally wouldn't be using them. I did get to read an entire paperback on the awesome lagoon deck.
5. Chris Blackwell was at dinner a few tables from us. That was really exciting. We were all over the island on this trip and everyone had nothing but glowing admiration for his contributions. His rum is absolutely dreamy. We took four bottles home.
6. My wife is an interior designer and we noticed some clunky design in the rooms. Our lagoon room was wonderful but had few surfaces other than a small desk area. Coffee maker was located in a cabinet at floor level. Must be 20 light/fan switches in the room. no soap/shampoo dish at the tub. Ladder to lagoon was not secure. no bottle opener or menu's in the room. the phone system was problematic. silly little things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa