We stayed at Goldeneye in June and had a lovely stay. The grounds are beautiful, our villa was fantastic, great food, but above all the service is splendid. We stayed in a beach front villa which literally is in the sand. The villa is lovely, with a kitchenette and outdoor shower. Our shower was not "private" however, as the 2 neighboring villas had views of it from their windows! Luckily, they were both using their a/c & kept their shutters closed. I still chose to use the tub however.
The food was great, but was quite expensive. We enjoy traveling and expect "resort" prices when we do, but still felt that this was a bit more expensive than usual (lunches around $80, dinners $150 with cocktails). We had the barbeque lunch one day on the "island" which was delicious, but set us back $150! As I said though, all very delicious - especially the jerk ribs. Breakfast is included, which was really good as well. Just note, only juice, tea or coffee is included. If you want a Coke, it's an extra charge, which felt a little chintzy to us.
The staff here is phenomenal. Friendly doesn't begin to describe it - they make you feel like old friends. The people are the main reason we keep returning to Jamaica!
We had spa treatments one day which were great. Very relaxing.
There were quite a few families with small children during our stay, which came as a surprise to us. We didn't really expect that. Also, two nights during our four night stay, the music from town was incredibly loud until around 3 in the morning! Not that Goldeneye can do anything about this, but just FYI it is disturbing.
Overall, we had a lovely time at Goldeneye and wished we could've stayed longer. It is a beautiful property with an amazing staff. Tour the Fleming house if you can; very interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa