“Fabulous place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rythre Arms

The Rythre Arms
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Tadcaster
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Rythre Arms has been the Steak Mecca of Yorkshire for over 32 years. We are situated in a traditional, centuries old, pub restaurant nestled between Tadcaster and Selby and serve the best locally sourced beef available. Our steaks are matured and butchered on the premises and range in size from the modest 6 ounce Fillet to the Rythre Monster that comes in at an awe-inspiring 78 ounces!
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Recommended by a friend we have visited this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. There was another birthday party on at the same time of which the staff knew of as they put happy birthday confetti on the table. We kept ours quiet but obviously they would've been more that happy to do it for us too. Then the steaks came out!! All meals were absolutely fabulous! Melt in the mouth ribeye steaks and gorgeous T bones! We have thoroughly enjoyed it and would defo recommend it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Visit again? I'd Rythre not...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having sought somewhere for my 30th birthday meal with my fiancée, mum and dad (who has limited walking ability), The Rythre Arms seemed to tick all the boxes; countryside location, a menu that read well, rave reviews on TA and when I called ahead they assured me disabled access and seating wasn't a problem. Decision made and table booked.

I knew parking was across the road, but on dropping my Dad off directly outside there were no obvious signs to an accessible entrance, so up a few steps it was. More annoyingly, we were then largely ignored for 5 minutes upon entering the bar. No acknowledgement from either passing staff or the barman. With a 7pm reservation the place wasn't yet busy either. After asking pointedly twice we were shown to our table (but again had to catch the attention of someone walking past to order our drinks after another 15 minute wait).

As the place filled up, the staff seemed to get into the swing and the service became passable. Although the head staff / owners (I'm not sure which, they don't do introductions) did seem happy to spend a lot of time chatting with regulars and catching up on events in the village, again at the expense of checking others were OK and collecting plates, which left us feeling ostracised.

In terms of food quality, our main courses were average to good; my other half wasn't too taken by her steak but we agreed the rest were well-cooked and the portions are certainly generous. Admittedly, our view was probably tainted by this point. Desserts were a mixed bag; the tiramisu I ordered was absolutely fantastic (best I've had anywhere), but the jam roly-poly someone else in our group went for came with cream out of a can and seemed to have been prepared some weeks before being served.

To add insult to annoyance, when we asked if there was a better exit we could leave by to avoid the steps, we were simply grunted at and someone pointed in the vague direction of an unmarked door, which turned out to be the fire exit.

So, overall, an average meal marred by sub-standard - I'd even go as far as surly - service and a lack of attention to detail, made worse by the fact I'd called ahead to check everything beforehand. There are much much better options within striking distance of our home in Leeds, so it's safe to say we won't be making the 50-mile round trip to sample The Rythre Arms again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GarethGM83
west yorks
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 7 others for a birthday celebration, wonderful staff, nothing was too much trouble, very attentive and all done with a smile, yes this place I suppose is a "little bit expensive" but quality comes at a price and unlike some people we don't expect the earth just good food and good service and this is what we got at the Rythre Arms, highly recommended!!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Steak Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband always chooses Rythre Arms for his birthday meal and we are never dissapointed.We went for the early bird option of steak and chips.
We sat in the stable bar and enjoyed a drink while we waited for our meal. good selection of wine and real ale.
As always our steaks arrived cooked to perfection. Hubby had a 32oz which he devoured!
The quality of the food and drink is always excellent. It is a 40 minute drive for us each way but we gladly make the trip several times a year.
Well worth a visit for the hungry carnivore!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeedsPearl
York, United Kingdom
“Best steak I've ever had in theUK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited The Rythre Arms in February after recommendations from friends. We were not disappointed! I had fillet steak with prawns (which were huge!) and my OH had rack of lamb. Both were cooked to perfection. Pricey for a pub but well worth it!! Lovely little gem.

• Visited February 2013