“worn out but good value hotel”

Marton Hotel & Country Club Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

i stayed here in june for one night,i stayed in a premier twin room which i booked on the internet it was £55.00 for the room for two people including full buffet breakfast.the room was at the rear of the property so it was quiet the room was basic but clean,if you book a basic twin room it can cost £40.00 id book that cheaper room next time.ok so the hotel is a bit run down,worn carpet etc but give it a chance its in a good location close to middlesborough centre and close to the motorways,if you want no frills good value rest this place is a good alternative to a travel lodge.the buffet breakfast was fairly good but make sure you get to it first thing for more choice.i will stay here again to give it another chance!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed for one night and I shall not return. When I walked in I was stood behind some gentlemen at the check in desk, it became clear several minutes later these were in fact staff and I had to interput there convosation to ask if I could check in.
The room was very basic, not the cleanest but I've seen worse. Concidering the hotel was basicall empty I would have liked to have been placed better as the room I was in I could hear every footstep up the stairs, every convosation from the people in the room above and the reception below.
The bed was like a rock, very unconfortable but the bathroom was worse. The shower consided of a shower head you had to connect to the taps in the bath. I am a small person and I struggled sitting down and trying to clean my hair, too add to this dismal shower system they didn't even stay on the taps leading to me scolding myself several times.

Breakfast was the only highlight for me, the staff were friendly and the food was ok.

Other than that a complete disaster.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

In preparation for sisters wedding, the girls held a "hen party" here and I was DD. Sat in bar waiting for them and from walking through the door, experiencing tea service etc. it was apparent that the current owners have no interest in running a hotel or country club. This used to be a very nice place and sad to see it has gone to ruin, I can only assume it will soon become a nicer housing development!