Wood Farm is a working farm just outside of York. Claire greeted us when we arrived and was extremely helpful in pointing out the places of interest and how to get in to York. There is a park and ride about 10 minutes drive away where you can pick up a bus into York, which is the way to go if you want to explore York. The cost was 2.30 pounds return, and they are very frequent.
The room we had overlooked the garden with a lovely view, everything you needed was supplied in the room, even a little safe to keep our passports in. The room was clean, spacious and the bathroom was excellent.
Breakfast was cooked by Helen and was of a very high standard, with fresh warm home made rolls and jam, cereals, fruit, yogourt, juice, and of course the full English breakfast.
We stayed here for 5 days and would have no hesitation in recommending this B & B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome assured all year at Wood Farm (arable and livestock farm). A Victorian house with period features and antique furniture. Hearty Aga cooked breakfast (using local produce including homemade bread and preserves) awaits you after a restful night in large en-suite bedrooms (one with four-poster bed). The farm is ideally situated for visiting the historic city of York, Herriott country, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales and many National Trust Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Wood Farm Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Farm Hotel Shipton-By-Beningbrough
- Wood Farm b&b
- Wood Farm Bed And Breakfast UK/England - Yorkshire