The Old Ford Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Llanhamlach
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
The Tower Hotel(Talgarth)
The Manor Hotel(Crickhowell)
  • Pool
Llangoed Hall(Llyswen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunday lunchthe pubbrecon beaconspuddingdavepint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Family all met at Old Ford Inn for parents joint birthday Starters were okay, Mains were VERY bad crispy duck could not be eaten it was so hard & dried out,surf & turf come out with 4 small scampi with it for around £ 15 .00. I complained & a few more scampi were brought out, whole meal was nothing special.
Would not recommend

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank NashJones50
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Lovely round table which is hard to find these days . It is lovely for a group of us . Running a B&B myself we like supporting the local restaurants and eating at them ourselves so we can refer our guests to where we have eaten to suit their requirments.Food was good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I Returned home to Reading from Wales last night after attending a Lime Plastering course, local to the Old Ford Inn
Very happy to say I stayed there the night before the day course, unhappy to stay it was only one night !
Maria & David made me so welcome, I am determined to go back.
I was given a clean tidy double en-suite room, which was everything you expect from a country Pub
After showering and changing from my journey down from Reading, I had a lovely home cooked Chicken & Leak pie for dinner, and soon got chatting with friendly Locals, who showed me some fine Welsh hospitality. After a good nights sleep, and a hearty breakfast in the morning, I was on my way.
Thank you so much to everyone at the Old Ford
If you are ever in the area, need a place to stay, or just a great meal pop in, I know I will !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Stayed here only for one night and to be honest didn't spend much time here, we literaly dropped our bags off and headed to a wedding close by.
The Inn has a lovely rustic charm and is beautifully situated with views as far as the eye can see. We didn't eat an evening meal there, but the breakfast was very good.
When we booked the only room left was a smaller room with a 3/4 bed at a cheaper price. I have to say, we managed but was not the most comfortable nights sleep I have had. In the morning after breakfast I sent my husband to pay and he charged us full price! sneaky!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay in the Old Ford Inn. A fabulous cosy pub. We went there for my husbands 60th birthday with the family for a meal and overnight stay. On arrival we had a delicious ploughmans lunch which set us up for a picturesque walk along the canal as advised by David , the landlord. After relaxing in our very comfortable, scrupulously clean rooms we enjoyed an amazing home cooked evening meal. The welcome in this place is second to none and we were made to feel really at home. We would recommend a stay in this idyllic location and we are looking forward to returning many times in the future. Thank you David and Maria and all the staff for making our stay so special!

Room Tip: All rooms enjoy a view of the surrounding countryside. spectacular views from the restaurant of the Brecon Beacons
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family