“no idea of customer service and terrible breakfast”

Peterstone Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanhamlach
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“no idea of customer service and terrible breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have previously sent this email directly to the hotel but not having a response feel I have to share.

Having stayed at your hotel on July 3rd for the wedding of my God daughter and her new husband I feel I must write as I wasn’t particularly impressed with the service we received.

I had two rooms booked one for my wife and I, and one for my two children but on arrival at 12' o clock neither of these were ready, I was informed that check in was at 2pm but was also told previously that a room would be ready to change in as we were in the wedding. Changing in the sweaty spa rooms or toilets before a wedding isn’t a very good option in my opinion. Even if they had tried to get one of the rooms ready or at least open up for the four of us, then clean later, when we were in the wedding would have helped but no idea of customer service.

We were joined changing in these rooms by the Brides Uncle and Auntie so I am aware that this wasn’t just our rooms, however it is quite disappointing when you know people are there for a 1pm wedding and are travelling some distance knowing they will want to spruce up and change.

The rooms themselves were adequate once we were in, after having to book in and sort ourselves out between the ceremony and evening disco. The wedding went really well with the food in the wedding and in the evening being very pleasant.

The breakfast in the morning was another story being quite disappointing, while most of it was ok the black pudding was cooked to death and I had to just dig out the middle which was the only edible part. This was the same for the three black puddings with varying degrees of toughness.

My daughter who does not eat most cooked breakfast products asked for just mushrooms and sausage as that is all she liked, however she again was a little disappointed when 2 sausage and only one mushroom appeared not really a value breakfast for £180 per room.

I have tried to read some of the reviews pointed to on your website but it seems these are very mis-leading lots of quality names and papers on there but when you look in detail most have not been to the hotel and have copied your website details and none seem to have had breakfast there.

All in all I have to say that for my £360 it was not a very worthwhile experience. I would have mentioned this at reception when paying. but was not asked and there were no comment cards available to complete. The young lady at reception, was very pleasant, but was only interested in completing the invoices and taking the details to pay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wtchrispe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Stroud, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at cottage which is owned by hotel. Not up to our standards of cleanliness. Drawers needed good wipe inside. Pair of socks left in one drawer by previous occupant showing that not checked by cleaners. Grubby light switch. Cupboard above kitchen extractor fan greasy to the touch which was another indication of superficial cleaning. One bedside light in en-suite bedroom and one in another bedroom not working. Door on one bedside cabinet in en-suite bedroom off one of its hinges so unusable. One drawer in middle bedroom in need of maintenance as front detached from one inner side. A few knobs/pulls missing from some units/drawers adding to shabbiness. We opened French window in sitting room but could not lock and had to summon maintenance man from hotel. Curtains in en-suite bedroom not wide enough to keep out light. Cigarette ends in outside area not picked up.

Allied to lack of cleanliness and maintenance there is another important point. The cottage does not have a phone linked to hotel but the general information brochure in cottage states that hotel reception can be contacted by dialling direct. In other words the same general information is left in the cottage as in the hotel bedrooms and is not relevant.

When approached about the problems the duty manager was somewhat defensive saying that these were unusual complaints. He also stated that the cottage 'was well used'. So what? We agreed on some price adjustment but as with most people our preference would have been a hassle free two day break.

As for other staff we were looked after well by the restaurant manager and very helpful reception staff. Can't possibly criticise the actual maintenance staff as they were unaware of the problems which had not been brought to their attention. It is a cleaning/ management issue.

Definitely not up to our home standards and the hotel's star rating.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Traveling home today from a lovely stay at Peterstone court. We've stayed here three times now over the last five years since discovering it at our nieces' wedding. Bliss!! Great food, beautiful views and really friendly staff. Stayed in one of the "stable" rooms this time - just like our own little cottage with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in - it might have been all the walking but I had the best nights sleep I've had in years!! Thank you all - we will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed August 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Brought the kids back to their favourite place before they go back to school stayed in the converted stables which gave us a place to put the bikes and also bring the dog ,pool is a great asset to this place but saying that the food the staff are all fantastic well done

Room Tip: It's al good
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great outdoor pool and great rooms! The price of the night was a little expensive but I out this down to it being a wedding and people will pay the extra to stay in the hotel. Food was excellent and the staff was very helpful and polite. The grounds are lovely and do recommend you take a walk around them as the surroundings are very tranquil. Overall a very nice hotel

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I didn't stay here but a friend and I visited to use the spa which was lovely but a bit tatty
I had ordered gluten and dairy free afternoon tea by phone 2 weeks before and was told that was fine
The waitress who served us who was apparently the restaurant manager was rude and clearly couldn't be bothered there was no soya milk and she said I wasn't told it was dairy free
Everything was a bother the cakes were shop bought and not dairy free when we complained we were again made to feel we were a nuisance and being awkward
Such a shame as the setting is lovely but staff need customer service training we were still made to pay full price
Very poor from a place that is supposed to be the best of wales

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Viclawday
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My mum and I have just returned from the Mid Week Spa Experience which included £25 off each of our spa treatments, a three course meal and a glass of wine each, full use of the facilities, breakfast and our room for the night. The hotel was easy to find and had beautiful surroundings. We used the gym, jacuzzi and sauna when we first arrived at the hotel which got our day off to a nice start (although some of the gym equipment is quite old and I thought I was going to break the pedals on the bike when I went quite fast). We then discovered the relaxation room which was decorated perfectly with mood lighting and a large choice of comfortable seats. We then had 2 hours worth of treatments each which were amazing - the facials in particular left our skin feeling amazing! We then decided to have the afternoon tea which was very nice. When we were shown to our room, it was perfect! A large room with a nice view over fields and pleasantly decorated. It had a sofa and armchair as well as the very comfy twin beds. The bathroom was also well decorated and the bath was bigger than you get in some hotels - I'm 5ft 11 but could almost stretch my legs straight in it, which I can't even do in my bath at home. After a few hours relaxing in our room, we went down to dinner. The set menu had two choices for each course - my mum and I chose different options but all of it was really delicious and had generous portions. We finished off our evening with a drink in the library, which was a lovely room to relax in. We also chose a DVD from the hotel collection to take back to our room. Breakfast the following morning was again tasty and had a good choice. Throughout the whole experience, we found the staff extremely helpful and they could not do enough for you! It was a brilliant trip, which we both thoroughly enjoyed! My mum is already trying to think when she can take my dad there and I think we might need to make this an annual trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206 "Usk" which we found to be lovely, although I think the rooms on the...
1 Thank SophieLW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanhamlach
Castle of Brecon
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
The Lake Country House & Spa
#1 of 1 in Llangammarch Wells

Been to Peterstone Court Hotel? Share your experiences!