If you stay at this hotel, ask them to confirm in writing that your stay will not coincide with a wedding. I booked our weekend away months in advance, and called in January to confirm that we would not clash with a wedding. The hotel assured me that no wedding would be take place during our stay. How wrong they were. I was hugely upset that on Saturday, a wedding party dominated the day. During the late afternoon, noise from the party filled our bedroom. We could not enjoy our pre-dinner drinks outside as the lawn was full of people. Wedding guests trooped in and out of the drawing room throughout the evening, despite a sign put in place on the door to ensure that non-wedding guests retained some privacy. At about half past ten we finished dinner and went to bed, or would have done so; but for the noise from the party below. It didn't matter that we hadn't been invited to the wedding — we felt as though we were there already.
The hotel is beautiful, the scenery stunning and food pretty good. But to be asked to pay £250.00 per night when I could have enjoyed a quieter night at home in London was an unacceptable insult. We felt as though Llangoed hotel was taking two bites of the cherry - accepting both a lucrative wedding contract and hosting private guests at the expense of our stay. Disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the River Wye amidst 17 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this elegant Country House Hotel enjoys the full scenic beauty of the Welsh Countryside, within easy reach of the main A40 and the main town of Brecon. Enjoy the finest Welsh cuisine in the 2 AA Rossette award-wining restaurant, or just soak up the ambience by the blazing log fires. In the summer enjoy the views of the River Wye and the Black Mountains whilst relaxing with a drink on the outdoor terrace. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and free parking. Dating from 1632, Llangoed Hall is rich in local history, a fact that is expressed in its numerous period furnishings and antique fittings and a distinguished collection of paintings and drawings from such notable artists as Whistler, Herman Dudley Murphy and James Cowie. Such refined splendour has contributed to the hotels enviable reputation for hosting weddings. From large lavish parties with a marquee, to smaller affairs with a just few close friends and family, guests can relax safe in the knowledge that there every need will be catered to. Indeed, with such a picturesque location, including breath taking views across the Black Mountains, it is hard to imagine a more perfect venue for that most special of days. Each one of the hotels twenty-three en-suite bedrooms has been individually designed and exquisitely decorated with a full refurbishment in 2013. As well as the classic room types we also offer graceful four-poster rooms and luxurious suites. Every room is complete with all the necessary creature comforts one needs for a relaxing, stress-free stay including a flat-screen TV, telephone, free Wi-Fi access, bathrobes and slippers, fresh fruit and mineral water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Llangoed Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Llyswen
- Llangoed Hall Brecon
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Brecon
- Hall Llangoed
- Llangoed Hall Wales/Llyswen