This Hotel must be top of the list of establishments I have stayed in over the years. The location, decor, staff, service are all absolutley first class. I stayed on the 'Romantic Champagne Break' package which includes amongst other things a bottle of quality champagne in your room, afternoon tea on arrival, all meals and a room up grade. Well worth the money. Nothing is too much trouble for the attentive staff and they will attend to your every request. The grounds and gardens are maintained to a very high standard and a walk around them is a must. The hotel is steeped in history and it is fascinating to look back at its many uses over the years.
A thoroughly enjoyabe and relaxing stay. If you are feeling a little 'under the weather'...don't go seeking medical attention..come and spend a couple of days here instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the River Wye amidst 17 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this elegant Country House Hotel enjoys the full scenic beauty of the Welsh Countryside, within easy reach of the main A40 and the main town of Brecon. Enjoy the finest Welsh cuisine in the 2 AA Rossette award-wining restaurant, or just soak up the ambience by the blazing log fires. In the summer enjoy the views of the River Wye and the Black Mountains whilst relaxing with a drink on the outdoor terrace. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and free parking. Dating from 1632, Llangoed Hall is rich in local history, a fact that is expressed in its numerous period furnishings and antique fittings and a distinguished collection of paintings and drawings from such notable artists as Whistler, Herman Dudley Murphy and James Cowie. Such refined splendour has contributed to the hotels enviable reputation for hosting weddings. From large lavish parties with a marquee, to smaller affairs with a just few close friends and family, guests can relax safe in the knowledge that there every need will be catered to. Indeed, with such a picturesque location, including breath taking views across the Black Mountains, it is hard to imagine a more perfect venue for that most special of days. Each one of the hotels twenty-three en-suite bedrooms has been individually designed and exquisitely decorated with a full refurbishment in 2013. As well as the classic room types we also offer graceful four-poster rooms and luxurious suites. Every room is complete with all the necessary creature comforts one needs for a relaxing, stress-free stay including a flat-screen TV, telephone, free Wi-Fi access, bathrobes and slippers, fresh fruit and mineral water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Llangoed Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Llyswen
- Llangoed Hall Brecon
- Llangoed Hall Hotel Brecon
- Hall Llangoed
- Llangoed Hall Wales/Llyswen