“Excellent Tour - Not to Be Missed”

American D-day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: American Landing beaches guided tours in Normandy by an AmericanAir conditioned van seating 9. US sector of the beaches: Ste Mere Eglise, Utah, Point du Hoc, Omaha beach, US cemetery and off the beaten tracks...All year ! competitive prices !" You've got Allies here in Normandy !"
Sacramento, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour - Not to Be Missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I spent nearly a month in Europe and without a doubt, our tour with Trevor and American D-Day tours was our overall highlight. That is saying a lot! Trevor was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and kind. He has a gift for storytelling and for being able to impart information that truly helps you to feel and meaningfully understand the real impact of the D-day landings and what the brave soldiers went through that day - you could almost feel their harrowing experiences. Trevor organizes the day in a way that builds your emotion that by the time you reach Omaha beach you are welling up with so much emotion that you can't help but be moved to tears and feel that you know some of the soldiers whose names you see on the crosses at the American Cemetery. Our tour with Trevor left an indelible impression on all of us, especially our 12 year old daughter. A few other things about our tour with Trevor, he is American and French with a direct a family history and connection to Normandy and the invasion which adds a richness to his commitment to preserving and helping others to remember the significance of the D-Day landings and the soldiers who made our freedom possible. Anyone considering a tour of Normandy should book with Trevor - you will not be disappointed - you will walk away much richer and if you're lucky and have lunch with him, he will treat with you to the best apple pie in all of France. Not only was our day with Trevor the highlight of our European holiday, but we ate the best dessert of our entire trip during our tour. I can't say enough good things about our day with Trevor - go and experience the wealth of knowledge and understanding that he possesses!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Michelle C

Beaverton
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A+ for American D-day Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Trevor is friendly, congenial, knowledgeable, helpful, wise, witty, clever and a great tour guide.
In May his wonderfully informative tour was a highlite of the EU trip we 2 Oregonians, my partner & I, took with our SoCal friends.
I recommend Trevor! You won't regret it.
Jerry

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JerJerBeaverton
Mission Viejo, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Trevor's tour surpassed even our lofty expectations based on these Tripadvisor comments! My husband and I and our 17 yr old daughter and 18 yr old son learned so much. We had even done our D-Day research before the tour, but Trevor knows the history and the geography and the battles like the back of his hand. We learned so much from him and now can actually picture the famous - and not so famous - locations. We walked away far more appreciative of the D-Day events than when we arrived.

We were impressed to find out that in the "off season", Trevor spends his time reading books about D-Day and the war, continuously increasing his knowledge. It really shows. We will definitely go back to Normandy and plan to take Trevor's 2-day, even more in-depth tour next time.

The tour bus was comfortable. We shared with 4 others but were not crowded. One of the best "extras" of the tour was having a great lunch pre-ordered and ready to enjoy so as not to miss valuable time in a full day's tour.

I cannot imagine there is a better tour available. You will not go wrong with Trevor!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mileen B
Saskatchewan, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“This is the D Day tour to take!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to Normandy to visit the grave of my uncle who was killed landing on Juno Beach, Nan Green, June 6, 1944. This visit was especially important to me because I was very close to my grandmother and even as a small child, I understood her lifelong grief at losing her " dear boy". On her behalf, each year on November 11, I lay a wreath for my uncle; these past eight years my grandson helps me and he will do it when I am no longer able.

My husband and I arranged for a private tour because we wanted to make the most of our experience in Normandy. Trevor picked us up at our hotel and took us through the beautiful countryside to the American battle zones, Omaha Beach, the American cemetery, the Canadian battle zones and Juno Beach. We saw the fields and hedgerows, the landing beaches, the farmland that had been decimated during the fighting, and heard the stories of the people who had lived and struggled to survive in those terrible days. Finally and fittingly we visited my Uncle's grave at silent and lovely Benys sur Mer, laying flowers and pondering the sacrifice of young life cut short.

Trevor is absolutely the perfect guide...flawless French and English, interesting, funny, knowledgable, kind, and compassionate. He has an astounding grasp of history and recounts the details of the circumstances encountered by soldiers and civilians during the Normandy invasion in a way that keeps you spellbound..the hours just flew by. We are Canadian and Trevor made a point of including lots of stories and history specific to the role Canada played, as well as the broader context of the war and Normandy invasion. He even made all the arrangements for me to lay flowers at the grave of my uncle.

The last thing I want to add is that it is clear that Trevor makes a real connection with the individuals who took part. He has since been to visit my uncle's grave and has taken other people too. He truly cares about what happened, he honours the dead and those who survived, and he understands the grief of the families.

If you are going, make arrangements early to book your tour with Trevor. You will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kerriemarg
El Cajon, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

What an emotional and extremely informative day. We learned so much about the amazing sacrifices all those WWII vets made to insure our freedom. Do not go to Normandy without taking a tour with Trevor. He is so fascinating to listen to. A delicious lunch is included also.

Visited June 2014