My wife and I travelled to the Forrester's Arms for the fourth time in the same number of years for a two night stay. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and booked a table for four on the following evening. The occasion was our 42nd wedding anniversary, and we had invited my brother and his wife who have live in a local village for the last 30 years. On the morning of the planned celebration we were told that we would have to vacate the restaurant by 9.00pm at the latest as it was needed for the bi-weekly village quiz!! I am an advocate of ensuring the cohesion of village life, but could they not have used the breakfast room? We (my wife and our guests) ate elsewhere, and could not have been more disgusted at this lack of regard for customer care.
We departed saddened and disappointed at a once favourite place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilburn is located around 20 miles north of York centre. It is ideally located for walkers participating in the Cleveland Way. They can look forward to roaring log fires and an excellent selection of real ales, and an extensive menu incorporating local produce.Renovations to the Forresters Arms have been recently carried out where care has been made only to enhance the quintessential Old Country Inn charm that the Forresters bed and breakfast has become famous for. Surrounded by immense natural beauty in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, also known as Herriot Country. The B&B nestles below the famous White Horse, a unique landmark of North Yorkshire, believed to be the largest of its kind in England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms and Orbitz so you can book your Forresters Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forresters Arms Hotel Kilburn
- Forresters Arms Kilburn, Yorkshire