“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canton Station Inn

Canton Station Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Tollerton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my husband went for a meal here the other night, we've probably been half a dozen times before and always liked it. On this occassion we got the platter for 2 which I must say was very nice but the main meals were awful. I had sizzling beef in black bean sauce, the beef was like big pieces of rubber, boiled, and my hubby had the special which was mainly rubber chicken and other meat. My hubby was up in the night being sick and stomach ache all the next day and I had the runs. I was suprised how many flies were hovering around the table. I was also suprised to find that their web site no longer exists. I think it's a lovely place in lovely surroundings but the food was not good. Would I go back, yeah for the starter, seaweed, prawn toast etc, main meals! nope.

• Visited June 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Get what you paid for..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Cheap food and you can tell why. This take away was recommended to us and we were really looking forward to it. However frozen chips re heated, plus rice that was recooked and covered with greasy, disgusting chicken completely ruined our 'experience'. I would tell everyone to Avoid this place. It needs to decide if its a pub or Chinese and then focus on that, rather than trying to do it all. The only positive thing is that the waiting area was clean and comfortable!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“lovely food at this unusual pub/chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

visited this little pub/chinese for a takeaway as staying in nearby village. Amazed at how its a takeaway, restaraunt and pub all rolled into one. We were very happy with the food, and the serive was lovely, very friendly. would definately recommend.

• Visited March 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Awful - sub-standard takeaway”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to this and it was dreadful. Service was terrible but couldn't blame the server because they looked about 16. My duck main was inedible and I lost my appetite so I asked for my rib starter (which came WITH the main) to take home). Bill comes, I ask for my starter and discovers that it has accidentally been thrown away. A full plate of ribs?

Rubbish.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
York, United Kingdom
“Tastiest chinese food we've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've been going to the station inn for a number of years now, the food is always delicious and very reasonably priced, this includes the drinks as the restaurant is half country pub and half Chinese restaurant. Highlights are always the spare ribs, salt & pepper chicken and the curries (chicken or beef).
It's about a 20 minute drive to this restaurant from York as it is literary in the middle of nowhere but worth it every time, if it is was in York instead of Tollerton I think you would struggle to get a table at any time, it really is that good.

• Visited February 2013