“Get what you paid for..”
Review of Canton Station Inn

Canton Station Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Tollerton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Get what you paid for..”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Cheap food and you can tell why. This take away was recommended to us and we were really looking forward to it. However frozen chips re heated, plus rice that was recooked and covered with greasy, disgusting chicken completely ruined our 'experience'. I would tell everyone to Avoid this place. It needs to decide if its a pub or Chinese and then focus on that, rather than trying to do it all. The only positive thing is that the waiting area was clean and comfortable!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“lovely food at this unusual pub/chinese”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

visited this little pub/chinese for a takeaway as staying in nearby village. Amazed at how its a takeaway, restaraunt and pub all rolled into one. We were very happy with the food, and the serive was lovely, very friendly. would definately recommend.

• Visited March 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Awful - sub-standard takeaway”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to this and it was dreadful. Service was terrible but couldn't blame the server because they looked about 16. My duck main was inedible and I lost my appetite so I asked for my rib starter (which came WITH the main) to take home). Bill comes, I ask for my starter and discovers that it has accidentally been thrown away. A full plate of ribs?

Rubbish.

• Visited January 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Tastiest chinese food we've ever had”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've been going to the station inn for a number of years now, the food is always delicious and very reasonably priced, this includes the drinks as the restaurant is half country pub and half Chinese restaurant. Highlights are always the spare ribs, salt & pepper chicken and the curries (chicken or beef).
It's about a 20 minute drive to this restaurant from York as it is literary in the middle of nowhere but worth it every time, if it is was in York instead of Tollerton I think you would struggle to get a table at any time, it really is that good.

• Visited February 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“cheap but absolutely fantastic !!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

this is a lovely old pub turned into a chinese restaurant/takeaway. service is fast and friendly. the menu is full of choice and the food is fabulous and it is very cheap for the quality. if your a true brit and looking for a great chinese meal out but don't have a lot of pennies this is a hidden gem. brilliant.

• Visited September 2012