Beechwood Close Hotel
$71
$63
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Marmadukes Town House Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$81
$173
$135
$94
  • Restaurant
Alhambra Court Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$82
$234
$126
$111
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull montycity centrefamily roomsmall hotelpark and ridepleasant walktea and coffee facilitiesnight staymin walkenglish breakfastfollowing morningfree parkinggood nights sleepshort breakyogurta lovely stayyork
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Had lovely stay for two nights nothing was to much trouble for Marc the bar man, food was lovely rooms was clean and tidy and it was a lovely walk into York! Really enjoyed the stay and will sure be back when re visiting York! Recommend sure for the price!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We are a local family who booked for an evening meal. The meal itself was average, but on returning home we noticed some damage to our car which can only have been caused at the hotel car park. I contacted the hotel twice the following day to try and view the CCTV which they have overlooking the car park. Despite an assurance that somebody would contact me it took another telephone call from myself to the hotel to get an answer. Surprise surprise the hard drive on the CCTV was not working. So beware when parking your pride and joy in the car park that if you are unfortunate enough to have somebody drive into your car and drive off there will be no help from the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank redsx5
beechwoodclose, Manager at Beechwood Close Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Due to a family bereavement we have not been functioning to our usual high standard at the hotel. I can only apologies i didn't get back to you sooner. As you can imagine the passing of my dear father was more important the someones pride and joy of a car!!!!!! There is a large sign in our car park stating we don't take responsibilty for the loss or damage of any property, this includes cars!!! I spoke with you personally and although I tried to retrieve the video footage unknown to myslef our hard drive had broken sometime in the past week. Sometimes things happen this was completely out of our control!!!! I don't agree with the statement you made about our food been only average, Our food is some of the best in York!!! Always home cooked and fresh local ingredients!!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a single night and we were surprised to see such unfair reviews of the place on this site. Unfortunately there are people out there who purposely look for flaws and then exaggerate them in order to satisfy their meaningless lives.

That said, here os my review;

The truth is that this hotel is excellent, the rooms were spotless and the staff very welcoming. You can't fault the price either as it is situated about 1.5 miles from York Minster / city centre and the walk is rather pleasant. Other city centre hotels are a lot more expensive. A taxi ride from the train station will set you back around £5-£6 or a mere £1.75 on the bus, for the drivers the hotel boasts a free car park.

I would recommend this hotel to others, if you're like us and spend the entire day and evening exploring this beautiful city then this is a great place to stay. I will definitely come again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Splintaay
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay with my husband, brother& sister-law on a KGB deal. Hotel situated about a 15min walk to the city centre, staff friendly, rooms clean and warm with tea coffee making facilities, hair dryer. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and plenty off it and it was piping hot on both mornings. We had dinner on one night and it was superb, all in all a lovely stay, and if visiting York again would look no further for accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gaynor260
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Photos don't match the reality, whole place smelt like old oil although was clean in the room. Also in terms of smell the room had a slight pong of a blocked drain. Breakfast pretty poor. Overall well overpriced for a very mediocre hotel. Won't come back I'm afraid. Only plus was a very friendly welcome

• Stayed: January 2014