“Comfortable and Thoughtful”
Review of Hotel Noir

Hotel Noir
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We booked a classic double room and it came complete with dressing gowns, slippers, complimentary mini-bar, a Tassimo hot drinks maker - with fresh milk in the mini bar - large bath towels, an iPod player, flat screen TV, room safe and free Wi-Fi. There was even an electric heater just in case. The room was very comfortable indeed. For the forgetful, for example, shaving kits, dental kits, shower caps etc. are all available from reception at no charge. The ensuite was rather 'bijou' and there was no place to hang the really nice large bath sheets to dry. We slept well but were woken during the night by doors closing with a 'bang'. There is limited parking to the rear of the hotel which is just a 15 minute stroll from the centre of York. Breakfast is geared very much to the cooked options with for example, no yoghurts or fresh fruit items on the breakfast bar during our stay. However, the cooked options are hearty and freshly prepared. If there is no juice do ask as we noted that once the jug for the orange juice was emptied no one refilled it - and we were at our breakfast table for a good half hour. We ate in the restaurant one evening and both the service and the food were very good indeed. A really good place to stay in York. This hotel doesn't try and 'charge' you for all those little things which make such a difference.

Room Tip: A classic double with a view of the car park to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Walkhome
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your review, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you appreciated the little extras we provide for our guests. I hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was an easy place to find thanks to the old trusty sat nav, and me and my mature partner we're over moon we got a parking space! Anyway we was greeted by a lovely receptionist who couldn't wait to check us in, this made us happy as customers because We felt special!!! The best is yet to come, reading other reviews we expected a shower 'abysmal' to other guests but oh how wrong was we... As we entered the compact room, a bath greeted us!!!!! Words can't explain how happy I was, this made £51 worth paying! In all seriousness it's a cracking hotel for money and I'll be coming back sometime
All best si thi (p.s, the coffee machine is a work of art) #happy

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your review, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was really impressed with this hotel.
The room was nicely decorated, the quality of the furnishings were great, the hotel was a little quirky (this is a good thing for a small establishment) the breakfast was one of the best I have ever eaten at a hotel.

The only real negatives were the very small car park (found parking easy enough on back road) the proximity of the bed to the room door and the road noise in the evenings. I am being picky with most of these though hence 4/5

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HotelNoirAdmin, Owner at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay! I’m happy to confirm that we are having double glazing fitted throughout the hotel next month which will help alleviate the traffic noise which some people find disturbing. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night in the double compact room. Thought the room was a good size, very clean and additions such as the mini fridge and tassimo machine made it feel very luxurious. My only criticism is that it is a bit of a walk from the train station. Perhaps I would have taken a taxi with my luggage. Once you are settled in it is not too much of a walk- about fifteen mins to the Minster. Overall a lovely stay. I have already started thinking about when I can go back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here in April. Lovely hotel, nice and clean and only a short walk into York. Tiny car park but plenty of parking available nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was lovely and plenty available.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 4, 2014

What a gem of a Hotel ! This is our second stay and we found everything spot on. Fantastic four poster bedroom, absolutely spotless and cleaned every day. Everything you need for a short break. The complimentary mini bar was an added bonus. We stayed overlooking the green at front of hotel and were not disturbed by traffic noise. Will deffinately stay here and recommend this Hotel again. Staff were only too happy to oblige to requests. Many thanks Paul & Linn

Room Tip: Four Poster Rooms are spacious and stunning
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent feedback! I hope we can continue to welcome you to the hotel in future, please give us a call direct and we can offer you a 10% discount from the advertised rates as a returning customer.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I could not fault this hotel,The room was spotless clean,the decor very tastefull and the free minibar was a bonus.I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again because another bonus was the free parking and it was only a fifteen minute stroll to the center of York.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Kind regards, Hotel Noir.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Hotel Indigo York
Hotel Indigo York
#4 of 47 in York
Park Inn by Radisson York
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express York
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel

Been to Hotel Noir? Share your experiences!