“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Hotel Noir

Hotel Noir
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was really impressed with this hotel.
The room was nicely decorated, the quality of the furnishings were great, the hotel was a little quirky (this is a good thing for a small establishment) the breakfast was one of the best I have ever eaten at a hotel.

The only real negatives were the very small car park (found parking easy enough on back road) the proximity of the bed to the room door and the road noise in the evenings. I am being picky with most of these though hence 4/5

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HotelNoirAdmin, Owner at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay! I’m happy to confirm that we are having double glazing fitted throughout the hotel next month which will help alleviate the traffic noise which some people find disturbing. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night in the double compact room. Thought the room was a good size, very clean and additions such as the mini fridge and tassimo machine made it feel very luxurious. My only criticism is that it is a bit of a walk from the train station. Perhaps I would have taken a taxi with my luggage. Once you are settled in it is not too much of a walk- about fifteen mins to the Minster. Overall a lovely stay. I have already started thinking about when I can go back!

• Stayed: April 2014
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your review, I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back if you are visiting York again in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here in April. Lovely hotel, nice and clean and only a short walk into York. Tiny car park but plenty of parking available nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was lovely and plenty available.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 4, 2014

What a gem of a Hotel ! This is our second stay and we found everything spot on. Fantastic four poster bedroom, absolutely spotless and cleaned every day. Everything you need for a short break. The complimentary mini bar was an added bonus. We stayed overlooking the green at front of hotel and were not disturbed by traffic noise. Will deffinately stay here and recommend this Hotel again. Staff were only too happy to oblige to requests. Many thanks Paul & Linn

Room Tip: Four Poster Rooms are spacious and stunning
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent feedback! I hope we can continue to welcome you to the hotel in future, please give us a call direct and we can offer you a 10% discount from the advertised rates as a returning customer.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I could not fault this hotel,The room was spotless clean,the decor very tastefull and the free minibar was a bonus.I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again because another bonus was the free parking and it was only a fifteen minute stroll to the center of York.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2014

it just goes to show how reviews can vary.My wife & i stayed there & must say how pleased we were,the staff were great,the room was clean,we could not ask for any more & would therefore recommend to all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed st this hotel for the 2nd time over the past few weeks.
The hotel is excellently positioned with York town centre a 10-20 min walk away, and a 4pound taxi ride back after a few drinks.
The rooms are comfortable and decorated well, they have tassimo coffee machines and a mini bar with a few free drinks in which is a nice touch. The beds are very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep both times we have stayed. The baths and showers are a little tired and could do with being renewed as they do let down the excellent image of the rest of the hotel, however I understand that this issue is being addressed and they have a bathroom replacement program in progress. The staff were Freindly polite and helpful, we will definitely be staying again on our next trip to York in a few weeks time, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, you are correct that we have an ongoing programme of refurbishment for our bathrooms, next time you return if you give us a call to book direct I can offer you a 10% discount from the rates advertised online as a returning customer and also allocate one of our rooms with a refurbished bathroom.

Kind regards, Hotel Noir.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Hotel Indigo York
Hotel Indigo York
#3 of 47 in York
Park Inn by Radisson York
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express York
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel

Been to Hotel Noir? Share your experiences!