Hotel Noir
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,175 results
All reviewsfree mini barcoffee machinecompact roomcar parksmall bottle of winefour posterlovely little hotelfresh milkposter bedcity centrepub next doorminute walkiron and ironing boarddressing gownsfree parkingwould stay againbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall this was a nice little hotel, but there were a few points that really let it down. First of all, the window in our room didn't close properly (305) and as it was a snowy weekend the room was freezing when we first got there as the radiator was turned off. The room heated up ok but the outside noise was annoying at night. Also the carpet was coming up at the walls and where it joined the bathroom. The bathroom was quite outdated and the shower was a bit naff. Other than that it was good. Bed was comfy enough and the breakfast was lovely, the hotel is in a good location and only takes 10 mins to walk into the centre of York.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you had some disappointments with your stay. The heating should be on in every room for our guests' arrival but sometimes if a previous guest has turned the radiators off this might not be spotted, so I do apologise if this was the case for you.
Our maintenance team have sorted the issues you report, thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I’m glad that overall your stay was a good one and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Noir

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good location but no usefull car park. There is one at the back but its so small do not count on any space.

Look of the hotel good however its cold inside and water drainage doesnt work well - be prepared to a bath while taking a shower... room number 103.

Breakfast fantastic same as dinner meals however do not count on any tissues at the tables.

Reception staff arogant and unhelpfull - my buisness partner and myself due to the nature of work do nightshifts. Unfortunately for us one of our shifts was extended. For our lack of luck it was the day whenn we stayed at this hotel. We asked at the reception when we got there (after 8am) if there was any possibility we could extend check out of a little bit of more time to have at least some sleep. We were prepared for constructive no -however an arrogant answer we received from who he was i believe a manager was - ''your company should have informed us about it''. When, Who and how could prepared us for such an option!!? Fair to say we agreed to extend it till 12. What a disappointment when we left a hotel i had a tel call from my headoffice that management of the hotel called complaining about our extended stay!!
Very inapropriate way of doing business.
Despite my plans to come there back in two weeks for a week i already decided and booked very local alternative next doors and will never advise anyone to stay at noir site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Our car park is limited, as stated on our website, but there is ample free parking on the street next to the hotel.
The hotel being cold is certainly not a comment we hear often! Had you informed us however, we would have been able to provide extra heaters straight away.
I’m glad you enjoyed the food – we do provide napkins with both breakfast and dinner, I apologise if these were missing, but again had you informed us these would have been provided straight away.
Regarding late checkouts, we do offer these if possible, subject to prior agreement . We did agree an extra hour in the room free of charge until 12pm, although in the event you did not leave until nearly 1pm. We called your company for assistance at this point as we were having difficulty getting into the room as you were ignoring telephone calls and repeated knocking on the door. Regardless of the reasons for requiring a late check out, we are a busy hotel and the guests arriving that day still require their room to be ready for them to check in by the advertised check in time of 2pm which is difficult to achieve if the previous guest won't answer the door and stays until 1pm. We trust other guests will understand when they read this review.
Regards, Hotel Noir.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had read mixed reviews of this hotel but we had no problems at all.

It was easy to find, the car park although small had a free space when we arrived although I'd park somewhere else if I had a larger car.

The hotel itself is clean and tidy and looks like it would have been an old family house with landings and staircases shooting off at all angles.

We had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the car park which was quiet, no problems on that score.

No problems with the staff who greeted us and answered any questions we had.

We had breakfast the next day and which was tasty and served quickly.

The only slight issue was the mini bar, poorly stocked and missing the advertised bottle of Cava as it was New Years Eve. It wouldn't stop me going back however I wouldn't pay the £177 a night I paid on New Years, I'm assuming that this isn't the standard rate just an opportunistic rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for peace and quiet although I can't see how it could be that noisy at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelNoirAdmin, Manager at Hotel Noir, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay so much.
I’m sorry that the cava wasn’t in the minibar – we would of course have brought it up for you with apologies if you’d let us know at the time. Sorry if you felt the free minibar was poorly stocked, it is intended as a welcome for our guests, and of course is provided at no charge, something you don’t find in many hotels!
The price was higher than normal as you say, being a peak demand day on New Year's Eve, but if you do return to us in future, please check our website – there you’ll find the best available rates , and special offers run frequently. We hope to welcome you back in the future! Kind regards, Hotel Noir.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Excellent value for money. The mini bar is free unless you choose the compact room. Very convenient for centre of York shops and restaurants, less than ten minutes walk. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Hotel Noir.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Good location within walking distance of the city centre. Very hospitable staff. Free WiFi and free parking is always a bonus. I didn't eat at the restaurant or use the bar but they both looked decent. Room 413 is small for a double with nothing more than bed and small shower room. Tassimo coffee machine in the room was a nice addition. I would stay again

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. As you note, our compact doubles are on the smaller side, but this is why we price them so competitively. We have larger rooms available if this is what you require. I hope we can welcome you back in the future! Kind regards, Hotel Noir.