“Expensive but good”

Good for: Families with children
Manila
“Expensive but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had a nice dining experience at Torch. I love the sushis. Probably the best fusion sushi I ever had. Pizzas had a thin, crunchy crust. I prefer the shrimp than the philly cheese steak. Ambiance was great. Service was good but charges 10%. We spent P1000 per head, so be prepared to pay the price.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank sophiegrayy

Manila, Philippines
“Nice Place, terrible food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Been seeing this place for some time, got a chance to try it tonight. Disappointed would be an understatement. Don't get me wrong, the place is nice. Great crowd, satisfactory service. Great food presentation, unfortunately it stops there. We ordered a round of beers to start, they weren't cold and we had to send them back. We took a look at the menu and I personally found it overpriced. It's not that I don't like spending, I spend much more on food at better places. The server suggested the burger so I went ahead and ordered it. It was presented very well. But it was one of the worst burgers I've ever had. It was difficult to swallow. We also ordered a buffalo chicken pizza, there was no buffalo chicken taste to it at all. I hope this place improves its food to match everything else that's good about it. This is my personal opinion and I apologize if anyone was offended by it.

5 Thank Critical18
Manila, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restuarant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This restaurant located in Greenhills offers something for everyone. Best to order their Philly CheeseSteak Pizza, Gambas Pizza, and their Salpicao Medallion.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mikechuamike
“A place for fusion food: Italian and Japanese tucked in a quiet part of Commecticut Street.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was surprised to find this restaurant in this part of Connecticut Street. It's near the gate of Grenhills East. The menu is extensive and creative. However the execution wasn't really outstanding. The service was efficient, polite, and non-obtrusive. I you want to have a quiet meal in this part of Metro
Manila, this restaurant may fit your mood.

Tucson AZ
“Modern, eclectic, good casual food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

A very pleasant restaurant; modern decor and modern eclectic menu. It calls a Fusion restaurant and it is, with mostly pan-Asian influences.

The menu is divided into fusion of all types, Asian Fusion, Italian Fusion, American Fusion, Con Fusion, etc.

We started with Sisig (pig snout) infried taquito. In fact it looked a bit more like a samosa than a taquito but the sigsig was delicious.

The Asian chicken wings were pleasant and not overly fried. They were, in fact, very juicy.
For a main course, we had a Pork chop with chipotle and berry sauce. It was a large portion and cooked to a medium rare, which many restaurants will not do.
The Lamb shank was on a massive pile of mashed potatoes. Also very nice.

They have a wide range of pizzas and pastas, again, a cross of Italian and Asian.
Unfortunately they only offer two types of wine, their house wine and Austrailian Yellowtail and, frankly, neither are any good. But they pour a very nice shot of whiskey, a much better pour than most restaurants in the Philippines, so their lack of good wines is easily forgiven.

The whole meal for 3 people with 4 whiskeys, 2 beers and the above was under $60 US, a very good value.

• Visited October 2011