Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern
The Leaf House(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$26
$27
$23
$28
$41
$32
Agoda.com
Madison 101 Hotel & Tower(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$51
$31
Priceline
Broadway Court Apartelle(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$30
$54
$34
$31
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreenhills shopping centerwalking distanceclean bathroomhotel roommetro manilahousekeeping staffmusic museumkitchenettetraffictoiletriestubrelativesortigasstaycationfilipino
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel is the only hotel near Greenhills Shopping Center. It is walking distance to restaurants, shops and supermart. Cabs are very easy to flag down outside the hotel entrance. Free water bottles and replenished daily. Some rooms are now with flat LCD screen monitors.

Friendly front desk and restaurant staffs.

24Hr security and front desk.

Although the hotel now provides free breakast buffet and wifi, overall hotel and service quality is deteriorating. There is always a burnt lamp to be replaced everytime we stay in the hotel. Some electric sockets not working and rooms are darker due to the use of lamps with lower wattage.

We waited for 2 days this time to have a toilet lamp replaced.

Mini bar is now empty but it is easy to buy from the convenience stores near the hotel.

There were no towels when we returned to the room one night and was told that the hotel has ran out of towels.

Whiite towels haved grayed over the years. Carpets inside the rooms at the lower floors are overdue for replacement. I have never seen the cleaning staff vacuum the rooms so there is a lot of dirt under the beds.

Old man and woman from apartment floor always use the hotel area for reading and resting.

Room Tip: Stay in lower floors for rooms with split type airconditioners & better cell phone signals.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

pros - quite near shopping center and restaurants, very convenient
- modern vibe

cons- hallways are not airconditioned; very hot and humid going to the rooms; stinks of barber shop smell from their cheap aerosolized room fresheners
- gym poorly equipped
- expensive wifi
- expensive room bar items - 65 pesos for a bottle of water?
- towels are old; bed sheets with very very strong smell of cheap fabric softener - your nose will complain all night
- sitting one day in the room chair, a rat ran across the room; I complained 3x to the front desk, asking for feedback if they have caught the rat, no response until I left.
- grout in the shower has black mold; the least they could do is clean it with bleach
- currency exchange a rip off : they pay 38 pesos to a dollar when current exchnage rate is 43.50 to a dollar.
- on my last 3 nights, there was a wild boisterous party in the adjacent room till the wee hours of the morning. I called the front desk about it. The person said he will take care of it but nothing was done about the noise; walls not sound proofed enough. if you want to hear your neighbors all the time, stay in this hotel

Room Tip: the better hotels are in the other side of EDSA highway
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Whitedoc
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went on another Manila trip and I stayed at Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, the hotel is nice, clean, the service is great as well as the workers. Value is great, location is good because it's close to Greenhills Shopping Center and restaurants, and not a far drive to SM Megamall. I would stay here again. If anyone is going to Manila they should also try eating at The Singing, Dancing waiters & cooks. The food is good, service is great and they make you feel at home, the entertainment is awesome......

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The only real complaint we had was the "Free WiFi" that was advertised. It was not free. Since we needed it for work purposes we paid. Only thing is that it was very sporatic at best. We called to have a computer tech come up because there were issues with their router. That took 3 days for someone to come look at it.

Housekeeping was very thorough and we loved the way our linens smelled. Wonderful lavender scent that made this comfortable modern room feel extra special. The staff at the front desk were always cheerful, courteous and their beautiful smiling faces were very welcoming. We never had to open a door as the doormen were always on duty and very polite with a "good morning Sir / good morning Mom." We had booked a suite that was very spacious - king size bed - livingroom area with sofa/chair/tv - kitchen area with dining table/chair/ refrigerator but it did not have a microwave only an electric water kettle. This was disappointing. There was counter space, kitchen sink and cabinets but there wasn't anything in the cabinets. There were two cups and the electric kettle. Almost as if the room was not complete. That and there was not any dressers to put clothes away. There was a decent size closet (not enough hangers) but you can't hang up underwear and socks. Since we stayed there for 11 days it was not practical.

The bathroom was decent size with a shower/bathtub combo which was very appreciated. Hot water and water pressure were very good. Rooftop pool area was very nice and clean. No one was ever really up there so we had it all to ourselves.

Cafe that is in the main lobby was lacking. We paid to have their buffet breakfast every morning and several of the buffet items seemed to be old looking. The coffee was horrid. I asked for hot chocolate one morning because the coffee was so bad but they did not have hot chocolate. They had an omelette station that was ok but they seemed to always scorch the eggs. One morning after we had breakfast we were in the lobby and I was not feeling well due to low blood sugar. My husband ran into the cafe and asked if he could have a glass of juice as I was ill. It took almost 10 minutes for someone to give him a glass of juice. After a few hours back in our room we received a phone call from the cafe asking if we were going to come back down and pay for the juice or if they should bill it to our room. While I realize nothing is free there could have been a more customer friendly approach, such as, we hope she is feeling better, just something more personal.

Being directly across from the Greenhills Mall was great! We had a wonderful selection of restaurants and I think we came pretty close to trying them all! The mall is very large with the ground floor being more like our indoor US flea markets, It can be a bit intimidating with the vendors hawking their goods. Everyone wants you to buy their items and going through the handbag section I kept having vendors tugging at my arms trying to pull me in. Never settle for the price they quote - haggle haggle haggle! The top floors have pharmacies, jewlery, and high end clothing and shoes. I got a terrific piece of designer luggage for cheap! There is even movie theatres and on the day we had rain or it was too hot to walk around we saw the latest Hollywood releases.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilly E
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location is unbeatable, only 2 minutes walk away from the Greenhills shopping mall that can meet all your dining and relaxation needs. In terms of the price tag, it isn't the most value for money but in the acceptable price range. I was sharing a double room with my colleague, the room is surprisingly spacious. There was one confusing thing- we were advised that the room was strictly non-smoking, the room key cover also has stamp 'non-smoking' on it, but we found there was an ash tray provided in the room.

There was only a downside of the room- the water pressure. It was relatively low and the hot water supply wasn't stable, we stayed on 33rd level, but that shouldn't be the reason.

Room Tip: Get a room at higher level to avoid street noise, but not so high where water pressure is low.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business