“poolside bar rental” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Juan
Paranaque City
“poolside bar rental”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was my first time to go here and the location is great. You can easily see the tall building when you're outside the Greenhills mall. I availed of the poolside bar rental which was actually discounted at ensogo for P5000 for my team's summer party. The exclusivity of the bar is good for 6 hours but the manager allowed us to stay for 8 hours. We are around 15 people and we got the jacuzzi side which is a good spot since we got the exclusivity of the jacuzzi as well. The pool is nice, food is affordable, videoke is awesome and the service is absolutely great. The amount that I paid is consumable for food items and we really had fun.

I will definitely go back and recommend this to my friends who wants to go on a team building instead of going to resorts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank NilDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We chosed this hotel because of it's proximity to the Greenhills Shopping Center. Upon check in on June 1, 2012, we were asked to wait because there were no rooms available yet. We found the front desk staff professional but not friendly.We were then asked for a 2000.00 PHP deposit and put on a cash basis only which we found strange. Finally after an hour and a half wait we were told that the room was ready. The room was nice but the carpet was not clean. No complimentary water. On our first night we went to the pool area to have a drink. We noticed that there were a few patrons doing karaoke. I asked for a drink and sat down to enjoy the show but was approached by the manager and was informed that the whole area was occupied. I asked the manager where should we sit? He pointed towards a little area by the hot tub. I said its raining and there is no shade. My wife told me to leave it alone. He just said sorry the place is occupied. We just left our drinks and went back to our room. Breakfast was okay. The next day I called for housekeeping to please clean the room and change the sheets. All they did was fix the bed !!! So I called again and asked housekeeping to please change the sheets, this time they did ...the next day. We decided that nothing will ruin our last days in the Philippines. Convienient place but would not recommend to anyone. Stay somewhere else !!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel / condo
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pinoy59

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The conference halls were very big and can accommodate at least 100 each. The spacious floor is very appropriate for seminars and workshops. Food was fine (typical local Filipino home grown cooking) nothing fancy. Rooms were just enough for short business engagements. Very conducive for shoppers as it is near to the famous Greenhills shopping center --skill in haggling is a must. It is near EDSA thus airport access is not that bad. At the top of the hotel is a good view of the Makati City, Quezon City and San Juan City skyline.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank entengoreng
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I checked-in kind of late at night and it seems like a disaster from the start. The receptionist told us the room we booked for 4 days only had two single beds, not the best arrangement for a married couple. The room was booked through Agoda and we clearly stated two adults would be using it. They agreed to upgrade to a queen bed bu only if we paid 200 pesos extra per day. Most hotels I've stayed at in the Philippines just upgrade the room without further cost. Then the receptionist gave us a breakfast stub for a complimentary breakfast but it was only good for one person which is the first time I've heard of. At most hotels its free for two persons especially it they're a married couple. Our first breakfast they were going to charge us an extra 300 pesos. I gave them a call and told them how ridiculous it is for us to pay more for a meal when it suppose to be good for not just one person but two. Of course they said that they're going to resolved the issue but am not happy about it. Do I want to stay there again, of course not! The room was okay nothing too impressive but it's just average and hard to sleep in because the A/C is too loud and noisy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chantelle L
Gaborone, Botswana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I didn't expect the hotel to be this good based on some reviews i encountered before i booked. I grabbed the promo rates few weeks prior to my stay which made it even better! I recommend it to those who would want access to the malls - greenhills shopping center, mega mall, galleria, etc.
Variety of restaurants near-by. Taxi is no problem during non peak hours. Hotel staff are polite and accommodating. Breakfast is simple but with good choices. There is a spa which is affordable. All in all, it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Hang a "dont disturb" sign if you dont want to be bothered by someone who checks the room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank GabsGirl76
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My brother had booked my hotel through Agoda and I checked in at 12pm. Although it is just me that is checking in, it took them 30 minutes and I was running behind for my next appointment that I told her, to issue me the key when I come back. I have been staying to another place so I came back the next day and yet the key to my room is not ready that I have to wait another 15 minutes. I have paid for a wifi but they didnt tell me that there is no Wifi where I am staying at. Sheets dont get changed everyday.
My brother had booked me for 11 days and not realizing that I am flying out of Manila to go to another country for four days. I have told the concierge about my dilemna that I wanted them to credit my brother for the days that I will not be staying there. They had advice me to check out and they will process the credit. It has been 4 weeks now and I have called Agoda regarding the credit and Elan had refuse to answer the request of Agoda. Why advice to check out if you are not going to give the credit.
I had called Elan why wouldnt they return Agodas calls and they told me that they will not give the credit that next time they will give a super discount. You think after all this things one would return to the same place, 8 days charges that they had pocketed is merely stealing from hard earned money.
What is the good thing about this hotel.. just the location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Chiegel
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Clean, Tidy, and reasonably priced. Lobby on the 32nd floor was pretty hot and stuffy, but that's the only negative. Staff were good, efficient and polite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
#5 of 21 in Pasig
The Linden Suites
The Linden Suites
#7 of 21 in Pasig

Been to Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern? Share your experiences!