“Not honest with rates”

Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed on a weekend and upon checking in I found out later there was a July weekend special rate that was not offered to me. The ad was on all the elevators. No manager available to discuss this problem.
Pros.... Good location to shopping
Cons... Gym is run down and rusty with tape holding up the equipment. Treadmill not working and elyptical making so much noise you would not want to use it. Shower with no hot water. Skip the breakfast buffet.....better to eat out. Television is so outdated. Wifi cost 600 and they only provide 1 card key.

Room Tip: Ask for promo rate. They will not offer it to you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trd45

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Arrived after a 20 hour flight from Europe. Check inn was quick and polite. Rooms (superior) was on the 37th floor with good views of the city. Roof top pool was nice. Breakfast was good with a very good and efficient egg chef. Staff in general very nice. Excellent location vis a vis Greenhills Shopping center with good shopping and lotd of restaurants. Taxi to Makati will take 20-30 minutes and cost 3-4 USD

All in all a good choice at an affordable price

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank simen240164
Reviewed July 1, 2011

it was my second time at the hotel.. we actually spent our new year's eve there last January. during our first stay in the hotel..it took us sooooo long to get our room..though we already booked it online a couple of hours before we went there..we'd waited for a half an hour for the credit card's verification process... and same experience I got on my second stay in the hotel..it seems like the hotel staffs are not fully oriented of their jobs..LOL.. though they were respectful and nice to clients but I just don't like the idea that I've waited for so long in front of them..even I paid them cash... and again I had same experience upon check out.. WHAT ANNOYS me right now is that WHY JUST THEIR HOUSEKEEPING PERSONNELS CAN'T BE HONEST.. Oh my GOD.. during our first stay there when we checked out I left my newly opened facial cleanser at the bath room though it's just an ordinary stuff but they never told us/the hotel receptionist about it since they have to check your room before you can pay everything.. and on second stay there I forgot my jacket at the closet.. and again no one from the house keeping department informed me that I left something when the hotel frontdesk girl called them up for the room checking! actually my husband ask me to book again for a 5 day vacation in this hotel but.. sorry I preferred stay in an another better hotel! ONE THING ALSO I AVAILED THE FATHER'S DAY PROMO..where I can get a free one hour body massage but they never give an exact instructions on how to avail it..or maybe just a follow up call will be greatly appreciated... the bath tub was not really totally disinfected I think..after I used it itchy red marks appear in my body parts and until now I am still spending a lot for the anti fungal creams!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank billeah
Reviewed May 6, 2011

What can I say about this place? It is located in The San Juan section of Manila practically around the corner from the famed Greenhills Mall.The staff beginning with doorman needs instruction on their responsibilities to include opening the door, retrieval of luggage etc. the front desk clerk refused to give me an extra key card for the asawa who was with me. When I'm in the PI sometimes she wants to shop, go to school or work without me. I like that also. She deserves the freedom and liberty to come and go as she pleases.

Another minor annoyance was my special requests made during booking/reservation were ignored. I had to point out to the front desk personnel on my voucher noted Smoking room, high floor and no minibar/items for sale in room. Of course 3 for 3 all were ignored. They of course tried to sucker me into the 2,000PHP deposit scam. I refused to pay it citing why should I if I have no minibar? They appesaared to be stumped by that one then I told them they can take the phone too kasi I don't need it lol. Well they removed the minibar and left the phone much to my amusement.

As per the room they allegedly "upgraded" me to a better room to accommodate my smoking room request but I felt the room although tastefully furnished had twin beds which were er........ difficult for two to get comfortable but somehow we managed. The toiletries although ok were skimpy in quantity. I requested a housekeeper to bring more and of course he brought half the order never even returning the second time.

Best part of this hotel is the location which is around the corner from Green Hills Mall, shops and restaurants.Green Hills mall is around the corner where you can satisfy your desire for knockoff luggage, bags, wallets, clothing , software etc. It is very close to the Glorietta Mall, Market Market in Global City where we had a delightful seafood dinner and bought a wonderful bottle of Port Wine. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I used Agoda dollars for about $75.00 and paid another480 for roughly two days so you get the pricing scheme.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angelescitypi
Reviewed March 18, 2011

This is a perfect location to enjoy the best shopping malls in Manila as you only have to walk over the street to find them. It is well run with friendly and courteous staff except for the reception area which, certainly in my case, is poorly trained and managed. The rooms are adequate, clean and cleaned on a daily basis. I would certainly advise booking on-line for your stay as the cost of rooms is more expensive if you book and pay at the hotel. As the other comments state, there are a lot of improvements this hotel could make.....allowing a private party to book the pool area and ban all other guests is not a good idea, charging for WI-Fi is also not to be recommended. More mosquito killing devises, especially in the lobby would also help.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cyberdenzi
Reviewed March 14, 2011

A taxi from the airport cost P280.

Check-in was slow.

The first room that my friend and I were alloted, 512, stunk of cigarette smoke. Even a promptly supplied ioniser did not assist in clearing it.

Mid-afternoon on the second day, we were transferred to 515 which was pristine.

Rooms are of an excellent standard. Joinery is good as is the bath and bed. The television is older. There were no unwanted noise problems.

The buffet breakfast was quite good but bacon and proper orange and pineapple juice would improve it. |No mangoes were on offer. The swimming pool was smallish but at 40 storeys up, the area offered great views such as watching the LRT trains snaking along,

Check-out was fast

Shopping at Greenhills is adjacent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed March 6, 2011

After a mixup with our rooms we were upgraded to a junior suite on the Street, the room was big and had a separate sitting area, spotlessly clean but quite noisy. The 2nd nite we were given our room with a balcony, a smaller room but much quiter. The hotel is in a good position over the road from Greenhills, Manila traffic being manic most of the day it was a good solution for us as we didn't want to go anywhere. The hotel is modern, the rooms big and very comfortable, the beds gave a great night's sleep.

Breakfast was included in the price, it was mainly Philippino and not at all exciting or varied, if you like salted dried fried fish and noddles it was good, the made to order omelates were the best offering, along witht he varied bread. The advertisised free wifi is only available if you purchase food from the a la carte menu and does not apply if you take the open breakfast. The pool on the top floor was good, but the hotel does not supply pool towels so you have to take your bathroom towel. It was a good choice for people who want to shop for a few days, I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
#7 of 64 in Quezon City

Been to Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern? Share your experiences!