“One of my favourite restaurants ever”
Review of Le Gindreau

Le Gindreau
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oxford
“One of my favourite restaurants ever”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I first came here 23 years ago and had a wonderful meal then. We've been back quite a few times since then, last time to celebrate our son's engagement and friends' birthdays in a group of 9. As always, we had a wonderful evening with fabulous food The staff couldn't have been nicer.

In the warm weather, the tables on the terrace overlooking the hills are wonderful but this time we ate inside. The table was beautiful, service impeccable and for 1* Michelin quality food, really good value. Doesn't matter which menu or choice you make, the food is brilliant.

• Visited September 2012

Brussels, Belgium
“Confirms”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I wrote a review in October 2011 and can only confirm its is probably the best restaurant in the region and a delight to go there.

Please see my previous review.

• Visited September 2012
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“What a place to eat!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The restaurant, the location, the view from the terrace, the service and
the FOOD!
Everything perfect. Nothing more to say!

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were celebrating my Birthday and it couldn't have been better. The food was excellent although we are not the best at French translation we were confident that whatever we had would be great, we were not dissapointed. However the reason I wanted to write my first ever review was to praise the food that was on offer for the children, the children's menu was €13.50 and they had the choice of chicken or Fish, my two (9 & 7) both chose the chicken and it was amazing, the same amount of care and attention was given to their dish as to ours and both mine ate everything with delight.
Now to the desert, the reports about the Grand Marnier Soufle are not exagerated, it was truly a dream. They even brought out a huge Brandy snap Birthday message for me at the end.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A slightly unfortunate development”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Since my last review which described the restaurant as "Superb", I have visited several more times, and on each occasion have enjoyed my visit as much as the last.
However on my most recent visit a couple of weeks ago, an embarrassing incident occurred. We were a large party of 9 people and had booked by telephone several weeks before. However, on arrival they had no record of our booking. We were immediately made to feel that we were at fault when we know for sure that the booking was made. There was no hint of an apology, but we were asked to sit at a side table when a new table was made up from us. The atmosphere became rather frosty and we felt awkward in front of the other guests.
We felt our treatment was rather unfair as we are regular customers.
However, moving on, the food was absolutely fabulous and after a poor start we enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

• Visited July 2012