As the title suggests, this was a very different experience for us, staying right between the mountains in a tent. And it was totally worth it. The pros:
1. The whole idea itself of staying in a tent right in between nature with some amazing views of the Alps is awesome.
2. Its one of the cheapest accommodations available in and around Interlaken, and at that price you can hardly complain.
3. The hot Jacuzzi tub - While you can have as many Jacuzzi baths in the 5 stars, having it right below the skies with the Alps around you is unbeatable. Though when we went to use the tub was slightly muddy, courtesy the group which had just used it before us.
4. Away from the Interlaken town which has almost nothing to offer except the Harder Kulm view point which can be easily covered anytime while coming/going from Interlaken OST station.
5. All the other facilities like the hammocks, sports activities, slacklining etc. which are really appealing if you are spending more time at the place (unfortunately, ours was only a 2 day trip).
A few minor cons:
1. Being a tent, it does get a little cold at nights, but we were provided extra blanket when we asked for it.
2. When we entered the tent, there was a bit of a foul smell, but it passed away in an hour or so. Don’t think the management could have done anything about it.
3. Would have liked the kitchen area to be slightly more organized (though my views are biased because of the amazing kitchen facilities we had in our hostel at Lucerne).
4. On the second day, we cut short our outdoor trip to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub, only to find a party was going on and the facility being closed. We would have appreciated some kind of prior intimation about the same. (To be fair to them, not too sure if they had put something around reception area as we had left very early in the morning).
5. Situated slightly away from station, which can be a bit of a problem coming into/ going out of the place
All and all, it was a very good experience and would consider staying there again if I visit Interlaken in near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balmers Tent Village is specialty accommodation, large tents with double beds or bunk beds inside set on wooden flooring. Fresh air and mountain views outside. We have funny bikes you can borrow, slack-line, hot tub, swimming pool, badminton Bubble ball games and more....We have a great location close to train station, with lots of parking and open space. You can even land with paraglider or skydive in the field next to us!We offer a free barbeque area and there is a large supermarket across the road. New summer 2016- Check in is from 17:00 to 22:00 , and enjoy a late 12 noon check out :-)Bedding not included but availabe for hire. Bring a sleeping bag if you have one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Balmers Tent Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmers Tent Village Interlaken/Matten Bei Interlaken