Right from the time we got off at Interlaken Ost we followed the brown signs to Balmer's and located it quite easily. We were quite impressed with their well designed foyer area. The girls at the reception were always helpful and willing to help. And they always had all the information with exact fares and easy to understand directions. We also got a Travel card free which i must say was quite helpful. The rooms were had nice wooden roofs and made me feel like i was living at a local's home. The bar comes alive at night and one can just relax here. Overall a great experience. Im definitely visiting them if i happen to go to Interlaken again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balmer's Hostel. We are the first established private hostel in Switzerland, providing a comfortable and friendly location from which to explore the adventure capital of Europe. The Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau (Swiss Alps) at our doorstep and two big glacier fed lakes are just a stones throw away. We have dormitories, private rooms, apartments and tents. Rated Top 10 hostels of Europe, a product of over 60 years of experience.We are the heart of all hostels. We strive to bring fun and memorable experiences to our guests so come push your boundaries and party in our Club with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Balmer's Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel Matten
- Balmer's Hostel Interlaken/Matten Bei Interlaken