The hostel itself might not be very good, the atmosphere is the best in the whole of Interlaken. Yes the breakfast is simple but it's included basically for free so no right to complain. The beds are very thin, that's a downside. I moved to the Funny Farm to sleep but kept coming back here for breakfast and party at night because of the people here. All young backpackers aging from 20-30 who are all so social! Very easy to meet new people here to go out and have fun with.
Don't stay here if you come as a couple and expect a quiet night. Do come here if you are alone or travelling with friends and want to have a good time and make more friends.
Happy hour from 5-7 pm outside and then again from 9-10 pm in the metro club downstairs.
Staff was very friendly, very international. Free wifi all over the hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balmer's Hostel. We are the first established private hostel in Switzerland, providing a comfortable and friendly location from which to explore the adventure capital of Europe. The Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau (Swiss Alps) at our doorstep and two big glacier fed lakes are just a stones throw away. We have dormitories, private rooms, apartments and tents. Rated Top 10 hostels of Europe, a product of over 60 years of experience.We are the heart of all hostels. We strive to bring fun and memorable experiences to our guests so come push your boundaries and party in our Club with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Balmer's Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel Matten
- Balmer's Hostel Interlaken/Matten Bei Interlaken