The Beach Boutique Resort
Nap Krabi Hotel(Krabi Town)(Great Value!)
$34
$12
$24
$20
Agoda.com
Vieng Thong Hotel(Krabi Town)
$19
TripAdvisor
All reviewskrabi townfree tourtripsbeachdvdbikemondayshellsboat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I came to this resort after almost two weeks in Bangkok and Chiang Mai so being in a remote location was exactly what we wanted. We really enjoyed ourselves but there are a few things the resort could do to make this place fabulous. First, they have a separate beach area for guests with lounge chairs. I think if they took better care of this area, maybe rake it, pick up the Chang bottle that was sitting there all week and fix the lights along the beach, it would really help. I also think having bicycles available for guests to use, even though there doesn't appear to be much around, it would really help with the feeling of not being so stuck in one place. There are a lot of basic maintenance things I think the hotel could put more effort into to make this place really stand out.

Here are my pros and cons about the resort:

Beach:
The beach area was interesting. The sand is really soft and the water is warm but there is so much trash, broken glass and shells that have washed up that it makes it a little unappealing to lounge or swim. The pro is that there is no one around so you pretty much have an open expanse of beach to yourself. Also, I think a lot of pictures of Krabi are misleading in that they show the white sand beaches and beautiful waters that are found near the islands, but these are not the beaches near the resorts.

Resort:
We had a pool villa which was fantastic. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious and had mini fridges which was nice so we could store water and snacks we bought. I think I would have been more disappointed if we had not had the pool villa as the main pool was not as clean and there are a lot of broken tiles around/in it. My only negative to the pool villa was that it was located right next to the restaurant and all the staff hang out on the side right next to our door, so I felt our privacy was a bit limited. I loved that there are doors that open on the fence so you can see the beach from the room and can close them for privacy.

Food:
The restaurant at the resort was okay. There is a pretty limited selection for breakfast and while there is more offered for lunch and dinner, the portions are small and they were out of a lot (spring rolls, bananas, coconuts, etc.) and didn't restock the items in the week we were there so I never did get to drink a mixed drink out of a coconut or eat a banana pancake! There are two other resorts within walking distance and the closest, Sea House, is owned by the same people so we assumed they had the same menu. We did not walk to the other resort because there is a yummy restaurant called Mor Annas about a 5 minute walk from the hotel (if you're coming out of the resort it is to the left and has Chang beer signs out front). There also appears to be a seafood restaurant to the right as you;re coming out of the resort but it's a further walk and we did not want to go that far in the dark. That's about it unless you want ramen from one of the little stands near the road!

Area:
The resort is really, really isolated from town. There is no transportation aside from using the hotel's shuttle (which costs you to go to Ao Nang or Krabi town). My husband and I did walk to the Mosque from the resort (you'll notice it when you drive in) and we actually really enjoyed seeing the locals and stopping in the little road side huts. One thing we noticed right away was that we could not find beer anywhere (and believe me we checked a lot of 7-11s!) and I wonder if this is due to the large Muslim population. While walking through town the kids and families driving by on scooters seemed genuinely excited to see us and shouted "hello" as they went past. The rice fields are colors of green that you see in postcards... absolutely beautiful!

Services:
The resort offers shuttles into town, a 4 island snorkeling tour and a Phi Phi island tour. We decided to go on the 4 island tour (around $100 USD) and they got us a private long tail boat (rather than the speed boat it lists in the book) and we had a blast. Unfortunately it was raining the day we went but we were surprised at the warmth of the water, it was like a bath and crystal clear! Chicken Island has the best snorkeling (first stop) but the others are equally as fun and you end at Railay Beach which has a lot of restaurants and some shops. The tour guides did not speak a lot if English but we brought our Thai/English dictionary and made it work! I would highly recommend this!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Krabi being the first destination for my Honeymoon, I really wanted this to be best.. And that's what I got.. Peaceful Location, Secluded beach.. They clearly mention that night lover's may not like their property.

It's a nice property away from main city (about 30 mins away from main city). Though I didn't have much problem as I was driving around on a rented vehicle, but yes, people dependent on public need to beware since there's none around.

The location was not easy to find first time, partially due to language problem, and cz my GPS wasn't able to figure out properly initially.. But 3 days of stay, I learnt the way from highway thoroughly and could navigate without GPS! Although the location map they sent out has well marked landmarks.. The drive from highway to the resort is simply superbb, with rubber plantations, neat villages and fisheries..

Mine was villa with private pool.. I simply loved it.. We both were beaming with happiness on the first look of it.. Room was huge and very neatly done.

I could negotiate a good deal with the owners directly. The manager Taya, although not the most friendly person,Thai's are usually very smiling ppl, was able to communicate well in english, so didn't have much problem..

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.. The receptionist lady, don't remember her name, still looked cute at her age, above 40's easily and tried everything to communicate with us, overcoming the language barrier..

I read a lot of reviews, that the beach is not clean... My POV.. didn't find it untidy at all... To me, it was lovely..

For vegetarian's, there weren't a lot of options for buffet breakfast, but whatever served, was fresh and with very good gestures.

The restaurant closes early at night, so beware of timings if u wanna have dinner there.. There are no restaurants around... Again, I didn't have much problem after 1st day, coz I was driving around myself.

People vary of pets (cats), may not like the idea of the owners pet roaming around at night.. Guess it's trained well not to enter the villa's or rooms.. But since my wife is not too comfortable with pets without collar, there were a couple of furious moments..

Go there to relax and spend quality time with each other enjoying the silence of sea, coupled with beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: For Honeymoon couples, go for private pool.. You'll love it.. It's right opp beach also, though not a direct view..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Location
Far from the airport, Ao Nang and Krabi Town.

Transportation
No tuk-tuks or public cabs available. Only way to get around is to use the hotel's vehicles (1,000 baht return trip to Krabi town).

Beach
Dirty. Impossible to swim and/or to sun bathe

Restaurants
One in the hotel, another about a 5 minute walk away.
Hotel restaurant - service is extremely slow - took an hour for the food to arrive. Servings of food were small and costly.The staff (that was on duty during the evening) was not helpful and spoke minimal English.
Food was pretty tasty albeit the terrible service.
Restaurant nearby - service is good, staff are friendly, food is tasty, price is decent.

Tours
The hotel provides free tours to specific places on specific days - which cannot be negotiated. eg. no hotel guests were following the tour on that particular day and we asked if the driver could send us to Ao Nang instead of Emerald Pool (as scheduled) but no negotiations were entertained.
Island-hopping tours were priced exorbitantly. Two of us were charged 4,000 baht for the 4 islands tour (when it could be obtained for 2,000 baht).

Rooms
Decent

Other facilities
Wide range of DVDs

If you intend to only watch DVDs in a pretty room throughout your trip, this is a great place to stay. Other than that, please avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chloe1234567890123
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Currently am writing in d DVD library while waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport. Overall it's a unique experience.. we stayed in Private Pool Villa, the room was quite nice even though the chlorine scent was quite strong in the pool.
There are some communication barriers but nothing with a sign language can do to convey the message.
Limited choices for the breakfast, distant from anything. Food is expensive in the hotel, recommend to have dinner at leahmin seafood restaurant (not a trendy restaurant) but the food was excellent and cheap, that was about 500m away from the hotel, no walking at night becoz its awfully dark and quiet.
Dont expect to swim in the beach as the water is quite muddy and twigs, small branches and rubbish are being washed ashore from Andaman Sea.
Excellent view of sunset and sunrise from the room..
Have a go at the tours organized by the hotel, do your research!

Room Tip: Vouch for Pool Villa 1 & 3, excellent privacy, other villas are facing each other.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank enza_geminigirl
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and my wife had just got back today 16th Aug '13 a 6 day stay at this Boutique Beach Resort, we have seen many reviews, some are good but some felt that it need improvement. My wife and I are happy and hope some areas may need attention so it will increase popularity in the near future, firstly more variety of food when there are more tourists. Secondly keep the room mattress and surroundings well fested with insecticide to keep the bugs and mosquito away.
When anyone choose a resort to stay for holiday, you have to know what you want in terms of remoteness, isolated, best food, far from crowd, far from night life and amenities or distance from town facilities.
At Boutique Beach Resort, this is considered a peaceful, quiet and far from town place where couples can really enjoy each other companion. The staffs are very nice, helpful and polite although they dont speak well, we are greeted on our arrival and were both given a orange juice in welcoming us just like all other 4/5 star hotels and resorts. The rooms are big and spacious, well facilitated with daily needs, wide selection of videos, the place is well cleaned too. The beach is nice and the staffs assisted to clear the debris after the rain (wet season) which were swept in during high tide, I believe the Thai tourism board can assist in this area.
We traveled many places in Thailand every year and overall we are happy and delighted during our stay there. We will be back soon!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple