Hotels.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was, without doubt, the most profoundly disappointing hotel experience i've ever had.
After only 30 minutes we were booking flights to get the hell out of there, and had to sacrifice another night’s accommodation as a cancellation fee, but it was worth it to be out of there. We just look upon our experience here as a very expensive mistake.

We were looking forward to three days of peace and relaxation during our honeymoon, but it was far from either. Is this hotel really 4 star? It resembles a backpackers hostel at best. To say this hotel is isolated is an understatement, it is a good 10km from the nearest main road, there is nothing but the dirty beach and a lot of farms in the vicinity, so don't expect to be doing anything other than watching locals walk their cattle down the beach.

From the outset we had a bad feeling, the staff were surly, so unlike the wonderful Thai greetings we had received elsewhere. We had a private pool villa, but after being shown to our room we were deliberately locked in from the outside! As there is no phone in the room i had a choice of kicking the door open or climbing a seven foot wall! I opted for the climb and immediately went to complain, only to be faced by complete indifference. No apology or explanation. It was no accident, just a very rude thing to do.

The room stank of damp, as if it hadn't been occupied for many months, and there was a lot of mould on the internal walls and even on the furniture.
In fact the whole hotel (this place cannot be described as a resort) is just really shabby, and not in a good way. The furniture looks like the it came from Thai MFI’s ‘most basic range’ in 1985, the pool was dirty, the sunbathing area looked awful and was absolutely filthy. I get the impression that this was once a nice place, but long periods of neglect have rendered it a complete dump. It looks lovely in all the pictures, but believe me it isn't.
The beach, as some others have described, is a junkyard. it looked like there are shopping trolleys and car parts mixed amongst the detritus. Add to that the aforementioned livestock and curious locals hanging about, in fact we saw one guy circling around two girls in a very sinister manner.

We had been to Cambodia, and Railay before landing here and we had been relatively unbitten on our travels, but in less than 24 hours here we had been almost eaten alive, most of these bites came from the room itself.

The restaurant was laughable, considering you have nowhere else to go, you'd hope that the food was up to scratch, but far from it. The restaurant itself resembles the worst kind of greasy spoon, so we opted for room service. Not only did it take over an hour to arrive but, needless to say, it was so bad both meals went uneaten, the wine our only salvation.

We chose to skip breakfast and get the next plane out of there.

If you like dirty, infested, isolated and overpriced hotels with rude staff, then this is the place for you. If on the other hand you'd like to experience a little bit of Thailand in some modicum of comfort then please don't stay here. You have been warned.

Room tip: don't bother
Date of stay: April 2012
8  Thank gymbooo
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Transfer to Aonang to Beach Boutique 1200baht. On check in whisked to room and only explained the restaurant hours . We stayed in a Villa with private pool room for 5 nights . Was very much considering checking out the next morning however as the resort lost power 1/2 dozen times during the night and the next day with the longest period being about 2 hours .

Ok I understand power loses in Thailand however resort has no generator so power loss also means no water which in turn means no toilet . The temperature in the room climbed to a stifling 34 deg and you cannot open doors or windows to let in air as you would be attacked by hoards of sand flies and Mosquitos which make a nice home at this resort . But you can' t blame them for not staying on the beach at it is a black sanded garbage dump !

We let that ride and as previously mentioned the resort is very isolated so we decided to book one of the hotel motorbikes to get some access to other areas. However what this hotel is trying to pass off as motorbikes is a joke and did I mention they wanted 300 baht a day ( i have never paid more than 250 baht in Thailand before ) for these death traps on wheels . They were very old , tyres balding and the 2 we were shown had had their fair share of accidents .

The management/owners obviously are more money orientated than customer focused . 2 other examples I see of this is firstly ....who I assume was the manageress who even after 3 days was still asking me if she could help me every time I entered the hotel . I know all us farang look the same but when the hotel has only 6 rooms occupied it is sad she doesn't recognize you.Secondly maintenance of the hotel has been virtually forgotten and things are falling down around you .

Walk left out the front of the hotel . 50 meters on the other side of the road you find a small drink stall ... Lady there will do laundry for 25 baht a kilo .Walk another 500 meters and on the same side of the road as the " resort " and you will find the Mor Anna's restaurant . Not Only is it cheaper it has a much more extensive menu and the big plus .... Near new motorbikes at 250 baht a day . A lady will probably drive you to a well maintained resort 5 minutes inland to pick up the bike but at least then you have options not to be living and eating at a 3 rd class " resort" .

Ok we got a good bike ... Couple of nice seafood restaurants along the beach road past Mor Anna's including Rimlay seafood at the end of beach road . Great food and cheap as !

Ok the good bits ... Dadda in the restaurant who's service was excellent ... The DVD collection BUT really if I wanted to watch DVD's I can do that at home ..... The housekeepers who try really hard ... Room with private pool was great when electricity was working .....

I only give such a bad review because it is true and I would hate any first timers to believe this is indicative of Thailand . This is just a very badly managed hotel with owners only having one interest being themselves and no consideration of the guests who are paying good money to visit the poorest beach in Thailand I have ever visited ... And if you didn't understand earlier it should be illegal to try and hire those death traps they call motor bikes and still expect 300 baht for them !

Never Never again ... This is a " resort " ( I hesitate to call it that if you hadn't noticed ) dying a slow death and deservedly so .... BUT if you are going to ignore my warning ... Take yourself the essentials including lots of mosquito repellant But you will never get rid of that that ONE that you can never find in your room but still manages to keep you awake all night .

Lastly the humour just as a quick note ... Only place in the world I have visited ... 3rd world or otherwise that has no access to Coke or Pepsi ... But don't worry once you get some wheels it is available at any small shop or restaurant close ... Owners / Managers wake up to yourselves as this " resort " could be improved easily with some common sense , decent mamangement and hospitality skills .... Criiiikey at least clean the beach it front of the resort for starters PLEASE !

Room tip: Room with private pool or nothing !
Date of stay: April 2012
7  Thank wocka
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have just spent 7 nights at this place, staying in a pool villa. Having done so I really can't understand the previous 2 reviews on the place.

We were greeted on arrival at 8.30pm by the luggage porter who quickly called the receptionist who came to welcome us, she checked us in, let us know that dinner last orders were at 9pm & asked if we would like to book on the next days free trip as numbers had to be in by 9.30pm, she then walked us to our room, giving a quick tour off the facilities enroute & then of the room facilities when we arrived.

Yes the location is a little remote, but having read reviews on TA I was expecting that. The drive to/from the airport takes 30 minutes, airport taxis are 600B, the hotel charges 500B for their car & driver, which was very efficient. The drive to Ao Nang is 1 hour, as is Krabi Town (not worth visiting in my opinion). With 5 free excursions per week run by the hotel & another 3 pay excursions bookable on demand (we booked 4 Islands long boat tour the afternoon before we went & airport transfer 6 hours in advance) it certainly need not seem isolated.

Breakfast is included in the room rate & consists of tea/coffee, orange juice, toast or french toast, cooked breakfast with sausage, bacon, ham & eggs of choice followed by fresh fruit. All waitress service sat on the terrace overlooking the sea, wooden tables & chairs (these are set with linens & candles in the evening giving a lovely setting for eveing meal). The restaurant has a fairly limited menu but is pretty much open throughout the day from 7.30am to 10pm and the food is good. The hotel does pretty much shut down after that time though with the restaurant & reception staff all going home, hardly surprising though given that there are only 17 rooms. We tended to spend anout 750B (£16) for dinner for two at the hotel with a beer each, wine was 690B a bottle (the prosecco was very drinkable!) Out the front of the hotel, turn left & walk for two minutes was a small roadside restaurant that was very friendly, good food & good English spoken, whilst menu prices were cheaper portions were smaller so our total bill there tended to come in about the same price as the hotel, but nice for a change of scenery. There was a seafood restaurant about 1km right out of the hotel, though we didn't try that.

The beach & sea at Yad Hao is not picturesque like say Railay, but if you want to stay in a pool villa there expect to pay 2-3 times the nightly rate of Beach Boutique. But you certainly get it to yourself, unlike Railay etc, we walked for an hour seeing only 4 people & a herd of cows being walked home for the evening!

Our pool villa was lovely & private but the room itself is actually just the same as the deluxe rooms ( we were loaned one on out last day for a late checkout as our pool villa had new incoming guests) so my tip would be consider if the extra cost is really worth how much you will use the private pool & small private terrace. The hotel main pool was lovely, always quiet & never a problem to get a lounger, given that the hotel was pretty much at full occupancy throughout our stay we were very surprised at how quiet it was around the hotel during the day!

My tips for staying here are:
- make sure you pick up cash & supplies on trips out as there are no proper shops or cash machines in walking distance (even on the likes of the canoe trip the driver was happy to stop off at local shops & help us buy snacks & drinks) (though everything at the hotel can be charged to your room & settled by credit card)

- give Krabi Town a miss unless you want to shop

- the Ao Nang trip is perfect for getting to Railay & other islands easily & cheaply as it drops off just up the road from the longtail shuttle point.....from Railay you can hire a canoe to get to truely beautiful & empty small beaches

- take mosi spray, this is Thailand! (the hotel can't control this!)

- the longtail boat trips the hotel offers depart from the beach outside the hotel.....lovely not to have to be driven anywhere & not to have to be with 30 other people (though many of the islands are VERY busy)

5  Thank IRISHDRAFT
Reviewed March 19, 2012

As a 4 star hotel I was profoundly disappointed. My husband and I were booked in for 5 nights, but immediately upon arriving decided to sacrifice the cost of a night's accommodation in order to cancel our reservation and change hotels.

General: The Reception area was dingy and unattractive which I found particularly unusual in Thailand.

Room: The basin in our sea view pool villa leaked all over the floor each time we opened the tap and the furnishings were sparse, chipped and had seen far better days. None of the usual welcoming items expected in this class of hotel was present (room service menu, welcome letter, explanation of facilities or surrounding attractions). There was no phone in the room. If you needed anything, you had to walk to reception (through pouring rain on the particular day on which we arrived).

The menu was expensive and restricted, even simple drinks like gin and tonic, and Singha beer weren't available since they were out of stock. The dining area consisted of a few plastic chairs and tables, with full view into an unattractive admin room from which food was served.

We were both covered with mosquito bites after the one night we spent there.

Location: While we were aware that the Resort was fairly isolated, we had intended to use the time to relax and recuperate. However the beach was covered with litter and the Resort did not lend itself to enjoyment. The resort was clearly built with an impending development boom in mind for the area which has failed to occur. It is surrounded by empty accommodation with For Sale signs.

No attempt was made to understand the reason for our cancellation of four of the five nights we had reserved or to rectify our perceptions.

Room tip: We stayed in a Sea View Pool Villa which is the top choice. I dread to imagine what the others are like.
5  Thank Marianne B
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I reached Krabi after spending 4 days in Samui. The first thing was getting to the place itself was a big hassle as I couldn't find a cab or any other means of transport to drop me off at the resort. Plus the front desk was not picking up my calls as by 6 pm there is nobody at the front desk. I somehow though managed to reach the resort and the moment I reached there I asked myself good knows what part of the world I am in. Much to my surprise even though the resort was in the most desolate corner of the world it was pretty much full and my Deluxe Villa was upgraded to a Private Pool Villa.

Night time you can find a few bugs and insects here and there while walking to the front desk or on the trees or around your room. There are only 4 - 5 resorts on the Had Yao beach and around the resort is absolutely deserted with nothing at all. There are no 7/11's or restaurants. The restaurant also functions at limited hours so if you have a early morning flight forget about having a breakfast in the restaurant or anywhere close by and that is what precisely happened with me.

Restaurant food options are also very limited and they are quite reasonably priced. The DVD library is good but not updated as the most latest movie there was Source Code.

They organize tours 3 or 4 times a week and I was quite frankly not interested in any of them as after being in Samui it wasn't worth it. We took a stroll on the beach in the evening as it was quite beautiful, serene and quiet.

In the morning till 7:30 am there is no one at the front desk and I had to a rather torrid time checking out and making it just in time to the airport to catch my flight to Bangkok.

Overall, my experience with the resort was pretty average as I was staying at Choeng Moen beach in Samui which was also pretty much quiet and peaceful. I would recommend this resort for a very short stay for people who just want to get far from the crowd and relax in peace and do nothing during there stay for cheap.

2  Thank ronniethedevil