We visited Brunston Castle in April. The site did not appear to be too busy. We had a very nice lodge on the edge of the estate with 4 bedrooms. It was very clean and had all the facilities we needed, including a dishwasher and proper oven. All the staff were very polite and helpful. The pool was a good size and not too crowded most of the time.
Located in the Girvan valley the scenery is picturesque all round with plenty of walks from Dailly, the nearby town.
There were limited places to eat nearby as the Golf Club which is on site had no restaurant facilities due to a change of ownership. A fish and chip wagon came to site a couple of nights in the week, otherwise it was a drive or order a takeaway! However, with the good kitchen facilities it was nice to cook and eat in.
We enjoyed a few rounds of golf at the Brunston Castle course which was not so busy that us beginners felt too pressured, though it was a challenging course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a magnificent rural idyll, the resort and golf course is named after the original 16th Century Brunston Castle. Set in 25 acres of landscaped grounds in the peaceful Girvan Valley, just five miles from Ayrshire's picturesque coastline, Brunston Castle makes the perfect place from which to explore the wonderful west of Scotland and perfect for a golf break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Brunston Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunston Castle Hotel Dailly
- Brunston Castle Scotland/Dailly, Ayrshire