Having read the review "Not Again" just before we left for Brunston Castle we wondered what we might have let ourselves in for!! We need not have worried.We arrived to a warm and helpful greeting from Reception and were quickly installed in our lodge which was in excellent order, spacious, comfortable and with everything we might need. Yes, there was a standing charge of £42 for electricity (a lesser amount in summer) but we felt that was very reasonable when charge for electricity is normal at UK Timeshares. The resort sits almost on a very pleasant golf course and, had we wanted, could have played golf everyday. They also have a small driving range.
There is a Co-operative shop within 10 minutes walk and an Asda 6 miles away in Girvan for any food requirements. Moreover, there are plenty of good restaurants (Indian, Chinese and European, Including Take-aways) within a 25 mile radius.
If we had one complaint about our stay in Ayrshire it was not with the Resort but the County Council. The state of the minor roads in the area was very poor. Let's hope they do something about them in the Spring.
Would we go back for another holiday at Brunston Castle? Most definately YES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a magnificent rural idyll, the resort and golf course is named after the original 16th Century Brunston Castle. Set in 25 acres of landscaped grounds in the peaceful Girvan Valley, just five miles from Ayrshire's picturesque coastline, Brunston Castle makes the perfect place from which to explore the wonderful west of Scotland and perfect for a golf break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Brunston Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunston Castle Hotel Dailly
- Brunston Castle Scotland/Dailly, Ayrshire