As a mother of young children I am very disappointed about the leisure facilities - in fact after one swim with my children I refused to get in the pool again, which is usually a highlight of our holiday, however it was filthy and full of hair. Also all the edges are mouldy due to the fact the pool is lined with a rubber sheet - not tiles that we usually have. The small baby pool opened on the last day of our weeks holiday and there's no Jacuzzi. We had no tv for the whole week despite being told when we checked in that it was being sorted in the next couple of days as it was only due to a fault with an aerial. Once reception closes at 8:30 everyone has to leave the communal Tv room and games room and the place closes down. It is surrounded by some nice hills but that's about all. With regard to the cottage it is ok but dated, I know mattresses need protecting but I have never had a bed with plastic sheeting and only a very thin sheet covering it. This has to be the worst exchange we have made and we will not risk a seasons location again. On the plus side for the area culzean castle is well worth a trip especially if you have national trust membership.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a magnificent rural idyll, the resort and golf course is named after the original 16th Century Brunston Castle. Set in 25 acres of landscaped grounds in the peaceful Girvan Valley, just five miles from Ayrshire's picturesque coastline, Brunston Castle makes the perfect place from which to explore the wonderful west of Scotland and perfect for a golf break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Brunston Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunston Castle Hotel Dailly
- Brunston Castle Scotland/Dailly, Ayrshire