“Brilliant”
Review of Whyte Harte Hotel

Whyte Harte Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Bletchingley B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Whyte Hart recently and were pleasantly surprised. We have a child with special needs. The staff were fantastic with her and very patient and so welcoming. It is not often we go away to a hotel where the children are treated as people. The rooms were full of character which one would expect in a hotel of this age. Being able to see the pictures of the history of the hotel was very interesting. The food was fantastic and the chefs did an amazing job with what I can only describe as a difficult order. The deserts were mouth watering and on the second night I had two ... The price we paid for the service and hospitality we received was very reasonable. As a family we will defiantly be back and can only thank everyone there for giving my children and ourselves such a memorable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a very old hotel with lots of beautiful old features, old beams and so on. However we were given a room at the back of the hotel which was very noisy during the night so we didn't sleep ( a manager's flat next door maybe?) the room had a small bathroom with tiny shower. This may have been bearable for one night but we had 7 nights booked and could not stay there comfortably. There was a pleasant young man who tried to get us to stay another night and showed us another room, which was much bigger and in the main part of the hotel, and the room next door(there was 4 in our group) which had a small double bed pushed up against the wall. It did not have the noise problem but there was no place to put our luggage as the room was so small, again with tiny shower. However we stayed another night and then left the next day as it just was not comfortable and the lady manager was very ungracious so we were relieved to get away. The pub itself may be nice for a meal and a drink, but not for a family of our size to stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was our first meal at the Whyte Harte since the latest change over of management and we were not disappointed. The menu is good and all the food was served perfectly. The staff are attentive the only critism I would make is that we were rushed to a dining table even tho we said we would like a drink in the bar first. We could have course insisted but it was not necessary to make a deal of it. Three of us had the Sea Bream it was delicious! The desserts were hard to choose from and did not disappoint. All I can say now is PLEASE STAY!

Room Tip: As we are locals we didn't stay so we can't comment
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great stay with my partner! Close to the gawick airport! Had dinner which was excellent! Starters , main and dessert were well presented and delicious. Rooms nice and tidy. Really like our room, honeymoon suite, beautiful big bath! Staff friendly and helpful. This Place had a warm cosy feel to it and would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to pop in for a drink yesterday. I had a large glass of wine and he had a pint. The bill came to £12.95. I nearly dropped, but I paid. I then popped back to the barman to see if this was a mistake. He told me the glass of wine was £8, and a pint cost £4.95. We were in Chelsea last week and the same drinks were cheaper. We are local, but not going back. We try to support our local businesses but not at such a high price. Not surprised the pub was empty and I did notice on the way out they didn’t have prices advertised for food or drink!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here with my mother for a family party. We had a twin room which was a little bit tired but serviceable. What was great was the feel of the hotel and the service. The pub itself is lovely. Great food and drink. The staff are really helpful, for example, on the morning that we were leaving, the taxi was booked before breakfast was due to begin. The manager said she would ask the chef to prepare something for us even though it was an hour before service was due to start. We received lovely scrambled eggs with toast, tea and coffee and a continental breakfast buffet... Which was excellent... Thanks so much! I am only not giving full marks as the bedroom needed a little TLC.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

As a hotel,this does need some work.

Room clean and appropriate, very comfy bed. Shower room ok, would benefit from a good deep clean but it's a beautiful old building.

Breakfast was faultless, fantastic quality ingredients for the full English, perfectly cooked and reasonable selection of juices, yoghurts and preserves.

Was a good stopover as we were in the area. Excellent value though for B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Whyte Harte Hotel? Share your experiences!