“This place needs to be SHUT DOWN!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Appin Motel

Appin Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Appin
Appin Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Appin
Sydney, Australia
“This place needs to be SHUT DOWN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Firstly, I'd just liketo say that the there is no way in HELL the three top reviews on here are genuine, and that staff have clearly written it. This motel was the worst place I have ever stayed in, and I don't know why they are still operating. For $75 a night we got an old caravan, that had clearly never been cleaned since it was put there. I'm sure the carpet had fleas, because we started itching as soon as we walked in, and didn't dare take our shoes off after that to walk around inside. It smelt heavily of old cigarette smoke. We slept without using the blankets because they had clearly never been washed. We didn't sleep at all the whole night and didn't even use the derelict shower in the morning. Even if we did, the towels were so old, that they would have ripped if we used them. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. We even considered driving back home that night just so we didn't need to lie in the bed, but we were coming from a wedding and it wouldn't have been possible to do so.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Heidi_L24
appinmotel, Manager at Appin Motel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for your bad experience, however the problems that you are unsatisfied with should have been brought to our immediate attention, so we could act upon it immediately. Management will continually improve our services based on your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend as recommended by a close friend and IT WAS GREAT! Location was perfect! I wanted a peaceful and chilled environment to spend the wkend with my partner for our 7year anniversary and I found it all here... plus beaches for latenight walks and relaxing were only a short drive away. The restaurant food was also very nice and also supermarkets werent too far from location :)
Price was reasonable and I was able to arrange later checkout time as staff were really nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vee2999
Campbelltown, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

A cheap and convenient place for travellers and backpackers or even families. The location is very convenient as it is situated in the centre of a small town and also right next to a service station, supermarket and a pharmacy.The rooms were very decent, there was air conditioning provided which was perfect for the heat during the summer and there was not much more you could ask for in a small motel for travellers on the road. Service provided was TOPS, all needs were catered for and staff were extremely friendly. The best part of appin motel was that it was located right next to appin chinese restaurant, which was the PERFECT for people who LOVE their food quick and tasty!! If you're ever stranded anywhere near the area, DEFINITELY stop and stay!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ttrg4
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This motel is very central to the town of Appin, I come via this motel every 3 now and then, as I find it a very peaceful & hospitable. Although it is very central, it is very quiet and comfy place to stay. I found that this motel is not like regular budget motels like formula 1 that's just a box for its price, its very economical and it also gave a country style comfit. Its not a 5 star hotel, but I think it is run by a family, they are certainly very friendly and always go out of their way, just to accompany my needs, like when I'm delayed past closing time. They provide the necessity of a clean bed, shower/toilet, television/DVDplayer and also tea/coffee. I certainly recommend this MOTEL to any one who, is passing by APPIN.

Room Tip: You should book ahead, let the motel staff know any of your special needs
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Ec0n0micalTraveller
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Keep driving. This place sets a new standard on run down dumps. Smelly, moldy, no heating or air conditioning, dirty, holes in bedding, and some sort of residue stuck to sheets.
I only stayed the night because I was to exhausted to look for another place.
Great if you're into places that can charge by the half hour and overlook dodgy behind door deals.
WARNING WARNING WARNING - just keep driving to the next town!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
12 Thank PidynTeithio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Appin
Ibis Budget Campbelltown
Picton Valley Motel
Picton Valley Motel
#1 of 2 in Picton
BEST WESTERN Casula Motor Inn

Been to Appin Motel? Share your experiences!